MASTER TOE (1981) - V Corps

Artkin

International Institute of Strategic Studies 1979/1980 lists USAEUR having 2 Armored, 2 Mech inf, 1 arrmd and 2 mech inf brigades plus two ACRs. plus the Berlin Brigade. I believe the brigades were 4/4th for V Corps and 3/1 for VII Corps. Up north away from everyone else was the 3/2 arm brigade.

5 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Nice! Thank you. You have any idea when the 11th ACR got Bradleys and Abrams?
What is "Fire and Fury"?

According to the Fire and Fury (Seems to be a board game or similar), they were added when the m3 Bradley's were added. So 1985. "(i) The HQ tank was added during the organisational changes 
associated with the introduction of the M3 Bradley CFV."

Fire and fury has tons of orders of battle: 

http://www.fireandfury.com/extra/ordersofbattle.shtml#CW

43 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

International Institute of Strategic Studies 1979/1980 lists USAEUR having 2 Armored, 2 Mech inf, 1 arrmd and 2 mech inf brigades plus two ACRs. plus the Berlin Brigade. I believe the brigades were 4/4th for V Corps and 3/1 for VII Corps. Up north away from everyone else was the 3/2 arm brigade.

Yo man I tried really hard to understand this but this is a level above me atm. Did I make an error?

Is it possible Fire and Fury made an error and left out the 4th brigade 4th Mech? 

Does it have 3rd brigade 1st Mech Inf Division for VII corps?

To elaborate ISS 'The Military Balance' lists USAREUR as having 4 divisions plus three separate brigades, The two Armored Cavalry Regiments, plus th Berlin Brigade.

I believe the breakdown was as such:

Vth Corp

3rd Arm Div

8th Mech Inf Div

4th brigade of the 4th Mech Inf Div

11th Arm Cav Reg

It doesn't list the support brigades you have but I know they were there.

VIIth Corps

1st Arm Div

3rd Mech Inf Div

3rd brigade 1st Mech Inf Div

2nd Arm cav Reg

plus the support units.

Way up north not part of either corps was the 3rd brigade of the 2nd Armored division.

Edited by Sequoia
more detail

8 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Is it possible Fire and Fury made an error and left out the 4th brigade 4th Mech? 

To elaborate ISS 'The Military Balance' lists USAREUR as having 4 divisions plus three separate brigades, The two Armored Cavalry Regiments, plus th Berlin Brigade.

I believe the breakdown was as such:

Vth Corp

3rd Arm Div

8th Mech Inf Div

4th brigade of the 4th Mech Inf Div

11th Arm Cav Reg

It doesn't list the support brigades you have but I know they were there.

VIIth Corps

1st Arm Div

3rd Mech Inf Div

2nd Arm cav Reg

plus the support units.

Way up north not part of either corps was the 3rd brigade of the 2nd Armored division.

Hard to find info online but this pic shows you are clearly correct. I will have to fix this. My version sucks now.

Edit: It says 1989. Hm.

V_US_Corps_1989.png

Edited by Artkin

On 6/3/2021 at 8:50 PM, Artkin said:

Hard to find info online but this pic shows you are clearly correct. I will have to fix this. My version sucks now.

Edit: It says 1989. Hm.

V_US_Corps_1989.png

It's definitely after '87. When I left 2nd Brigade, 8th ID that summer, the 2x Mech Battalions in Baumholder were still 1/13 and 1/39 Infantry.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, Sequoia said:

VIIth Corps

1st Arm Div

3rd Mech Inf Div

2nd Arm cav Reg

plus the support units.

F-F.png

Indeed it does include 3rd brigade 1st infantry division. Sorry for missing your question.

10 minutes ago, Double Deuce said:

It's definitely after '87. When I left 2nd Brigade, 8th ID that summer, the 2x Mech Battalions in Baumholder were still 1/13 and 1/39 Infantry.

OK, so my list looks cool then. And the wikipedia picture is WAY newer since the forces were all shifted around.

Correct?

Yeah, it was like '88-'89 when they started really moving units around (mostly just reflagging them). I see a lot of OOB things that show as it was in 1980 and then again in 1989, lots of changes. Getting confirmed information between those times is a nightmare.

Fire and Fury is a set of miniatures wargaming rules.

I also wouldn't set too much store on them being totally accurate either.  I had a rummage through the British lists for the Cold War and found them a useful starting point for sure but found some pretty glaring errors in them once I dug into the research.

3 hours ago, Double Deuce said:

Yeah, it was like '88-'89 when they started really moving units around (mostly just reflagging them). I see a lot of OOB things that show as it was in 1980 and then again in 1989, lots of changes. Getting confirmed information between those times is a nightmare.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I also wouldn't set too much store on them being totally accurate either.  I had a rummage through the British lists for the Cold War and found them a useful starting point for sure but found some pretty glaring errors in them once I dug into the research.

I did use multiple sources for other projects (5th guards tank army) and they were pretty close. I did notice some things were different though.. Sometimes its hard to confirm just how many troops they intend for a formation, since their .pdf isn't totally complete for some reason. Especially when designing the artillery formations. Otherwise most of the time the battalions are exactly the same, and sometimes even named the same!

cmcw.png

That's not to say it's perfect. But there is plenty of merit for it too. I certainly look at the small details and include them if I can. When I was designing the CMRT army I think I remember having to go back and change a bunch, but I can't remember if it was on BFCs side or F&F's. I did have multiple sources for those.

I wonder why the British was off so much. I haven't tried it yet. Because CMSF2 bores me ;)

Catastrophe. I was working on the 101st and the file got corrupted. Damn! Too many shortcuts.

Edit: we are back on track but the [Core units] are starting to mess with me. I'm in CoreCeption right now, cheesing my way with the Import Campaign Units button ;)

Edited by Artkin

BEHOLD THE ALMIGHTY XVIII CORPS @MOS:96B2P

XVIII.png

Download: https://gofile.io/d/hgrtAT

This was stressful to make. I tried to get everything right, but there are probably errors. The 24th Mech infantry I kind of just placed and quickly tidied up. The composition could be a little more specific but it works!

LOL I'm burnt.

Edited by Artkin

Well the point of doing things like this is so ppl can 1 see the bigger picture and 2 love their pixeltrups even more. Having a portrait mod would definitely make me want to keep them alive for longer :D

Edited by Artkin