[Music] Setting the mood

CMFDR

13 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Curious as to why? It's from 1982.

Yes is a pleasure to listening nothing to say only put the earphone and savour !

Make some short researh... is a Canadian one !

Cos 1980 is my crazy music time, you have to see what I am posting but today also I love really to digging  it out ! 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:43 PM, JM Stuff said:

For a french is not bad 😁

aha j'ai raté celle la !
Love Shack is probably the one I like the least
There are so many good French singers that it is difficult to look elsewhere ...
Brel, Johnny Halliday, Adamo, Mauranne, Stromae, Angele, Lara Fabian, Axel Red, Lio, Claude Barzotty, Annie Cordy, Lafontaine, Plastic Bertrand etc.
damn they are all belgian 🙄
you know culturally France without Belgium it's like an engine running with one cylinder less ;)

On 2/19/2021 at 11:34 PM, silverstars said:

What we're all doing right now.....And it's period correct!

Saw them live at the Nite Club in Edinburgh around 1980 during their tour of this album. Brilliant gig!

Ended up wandering around Edinburgh waiting for the first train home trying not to die from cold clad only in my leather jacket and sweat soaked T-shirt. In December. In Scotland, in winter...

17 minutes ago, Falaise said:

aha j'ai raté celle la !
Love Shack is probably the one I like the least
There are so many good French singers that it is difficult to look elsewhere ...
Brel, Johnny Halliday, Adamo, Mauranne, Stromae, Angele, Lara Fabian, Axel Red, Lio, Claude Barzotty, Annie Cordy, Lafontaine, Plastic Bertrand etc.
damn they are all belgian 🙄
you know culturally France without Belgium it's like an engine running with one cylinder less ;)

Yes Steph you know we have something in common, and this is the language, and proud of it, cos french is one the older language in the world, and is rich, but we love to make us some jokes, like every neighbours, that we have in the whole world.

Personly I dont like any singers of your list 👆I Beuark ! jak !! I prefer in my young time Bernard Lavillier, Indochine, Etienne Daho, Telephone... from the french language songs I can counting of my fingers very few🙄 10 max ...😁  or better english bands there I have more that 10 !

Un ami qui vous veux du bien 😉

JM

22 minutes ago, George MC said:

Saw them live at the Nite Club in Edinburgh around 1980 during their tour of this album. Brilliant gig!

Ended up wandering around Edinburgh waiting for the first train home trying not to die from cold clad only in my leather jacket and sweat soaked T-shirt. In December. In Scotland, in winter...

@George MC I begin to like you or to 👍 you in blue 😆

4 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

If you are talking about Rush yes is a good track 

I like also very much 

This band is from Canada isn t ?

I  am already a fan of Rush !

Yes Rush is from Canada. I very much am a massive Rush fan. But my reason for choosing Tom Sawyer is because I was stationed in Geissen West Germany in the US Army when Moving Pictures was released. So Rush is very much mixed into my Cold War memories.

3 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Curious as to why? It's from 1982.

MJ I'm English and have never heard of 'English Beat' 😁.

For me it was Hawkwind (still great), Motorhead (my first concert), Pink Floyd (early is best), Rush (yes as above), Mahogany Rush, Scorpions, Ted Nugent, ACDC, Black Sabbath etc.  And a few others including the old favourites Gong.  Now I'm going too far 😉.

I could go on about later techno and trance but maybe another time...

38 minutes ago, Splinty said:

Yes Rush is from Canada. I very much am a massive Rush fan. But my reason for choosing Tom Sawyer is because I was stationed in Geissen West Germany in the US Army when Moving Pictures was released. So Rush is very much mixed into my Cold War memories.

You mean probably Giessen by Wetzlar ! ! ? ?

12 minutes ago, Splinty said:

The very same! I was an IHAWK Radar operator stationed on Giessen Depot from 1981-84. 

I was on another corner from West Germany watching an invisible  enemi  in the 80' ...fear of me nobody is coming... 😎

And have some hollydays or week end with family by Wiesbaden.

Edited by JM Stuff

36 minutes ago, Jabble said:

And how could I forget Camel's "West Berlin"?  Seems appropriate in this thread somehow.

No no I don t I forget it, I like it also very much is a good choice, my favourit is A live record but cd 1 With never let go  ! 

Edited by JM Stuff

5 minutes ago, Jabble said:

I've never seen them live, but their live albums seem much more "enthusiastic" than the studio versions.

Never see them also, but I like it very much, like I told you, but principaly this track, and only this version nice to know a fan of Camel !

5 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Never see them also, but I like it very much, like I told you, but principaly this track, and only this version nice to know a fan of Camel !

You've put me in the mood - I'm aware there's a modern version of "Snow Goose" which I don't have, so time for some shopping!

4 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

That's the album, and there's a 2013 re-recording.  I buy CDs as I'm old-school, though I do digitise them for convenience.  OK, if I were really old-school I'd buy vinyl...

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=43652