Ass Kicker of the Month!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another match is in the books.

I received a reluctant surrender from Kain on turn 18. My crack rifle company reinforced by some armor and 105 VT artillery support was able to move forward under merciless arty barrages and clear out my side of the swamp. Fortunately for me the VL was on my side of the river, and I was able to turn back a couple of attacks across the bridge before ultimately destroying the span with a combined attack from my Priest, Super Pershing and arty. Left with no quick way across the river and being hounded by the deadly VT, Kain finally gave in after a very tough fight.

As a side note, I only used two 105 VT spotters (trying to dispel the myth that you need 1000+ points of arty to win these match-ups).

Texastoast: ONLY 200 rounds of 105mm variable timed artillery eh? LoL wink.gif

Let it be known that Commander Toast has triumphed in conditions that rival the gnarled and murky swamps of Dagobah. The corpse of Kain's smashed juggernaut join the rotting vegetation of "The Swamp". Commander Toast moves into the semi-finals. Please see updated bracket for details.

Second Round Bracket: Tyrannic 12

TBlaster

vs.-----------------Winner

Kunzler

1)

Def Bungis

vs.-----------------Def Bungis

Jeff Heidman

==============================

SuperSlug

vs.-----------------SuperSlug

Stoffel

2)

Bil Hardenberger

vs.-----------------Winner

Joeski

Texastoast

vs.-----------------Texastoast

Kain

3)

Speedy

vs.-----------------Speedy

Chairman7w

=============================

Please keep the fights moving!

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Ok guys...just two fights left and we can start the semi-finals.

TBlaster

Kunzler

Hardenberger

Joeski

How far along are you guys? Hardenberger and Joeski...I know you guys just started, please continue with the fight with all haste.

I am announcing that the DUE DATE for the Second Round is this coming Sunday, Jan 7th. Please have your battles done NO LATER than that date.

Out.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Well we tried to get together over the holiday weekend for a network game, but we seemed to have conflicting schedules. We did however get quite a few turns done. We are around turn 10 or 11 IIRC, and little contact has been made. The map is like 2 kilometers long and wide. My FB's have managed to smoke a couple of his vehicles although only one has been ID. The rest of the battle is Top Secret.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Just a quick update, Joeski and I are on turn 14 (I think) and are FINALLY coming into contact... (this map was a bit too big IMO)

This from one of my units (identity sanitized for security):

"Achtung Panzer! Possible Sherman, Infantry sound contacts to our front (sanitized) Artillery falling to our front and rear! (sanitized) Out!"

Wish him and the rest of my force luck as they start to grapple with the evil Joeski and his (really slow moving) minions wink.gif

Bil

As you might expect bil is the Bus driver and I'm on my way to school. smile.gif

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

From Panzer 301:

Infantry in treelines, engaging with our Puma's... Achtung Panzer! Sherman Jumbo, engage! ...

From panzer 302:

Engaging Jumbo, first shot long... moving to next posi..... [static....contact lost]

From Panzer 201:

Taking rounds from an enemy Bazooka team... 203 is suppressing...

[This message has been edited by Bil Hardenberger (edited 01-05-2001).]

Ok guys,

I was not available this weekend, as my PBEM opponents know, but the deadline still stands. You have until tonight 8pm PST to finish up your battles. If you are not done by that time, please go ahead and Alt-c, call a cease fire and whomever wins, wins. Please send me an email to inform me of the winner(s).

If you have a resolution now, you can email me at work: hguerrero@activision.com

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 01-08-2001).]

Ok I'll send it when I get home from work. Sorry for the delay.

------------------

Yikes...currently on turn 21...still undecided, but kunzler holds the objective. So would a cease fire give him credit for the objective? That would be kinda screwy, since my whole idea was based on pounding with arty till the last possible moment and then walk in...well I haven't made it all the way in yet.

Please advise.

TBlaster and the rest:

Since none of you responded, I guess the deadline has moved yet again. The FINAL deadline is now Jan. 13th, have your battles done by then as the Semi-Finals commence on Sunday the 14th.

I hope this is enough time for you guys. Please proceed with all haste.

Out.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Joeski and I have 3 turns left... this battle has not been pretty... from the size of the map to the numerous AC Joe bought... and we are just now having some Infantry engage...

We are going to hook up tonight and finish it up. It is going to be tight right to the end... hope those damned AC don't show up again.

Could still go either way.

Bil

Kunzler and I finished yesterday. And what a fight it was. He had me outmatched in infantry, but I was able to counter with artillery. In the end both of us had over 350 infantry losses, I won that one by the skin of my teeth where my his crack units were petting my hellcats.

Tom

Me and Bil finished up lasr night. Bloody battle at the end. Bil's Arty was eating me alive and his Panthers were popping everthing in sight. I won a tactical vic by sheer luck.

------------------

Gents,

thank you for finishing up in time. Unfortunately, an unexpected issue has come up on my part and I will not be around this weekend.

Rest assured that the Semi-Finals WILL commence on Monday the 22nd.

Till then, rest your men up, gather your wits and prepare for battle.

Please see updated bracket.

Second Round Bracket: Tyrannic 12

TBlaster

vs.-----------------TBlaster

Kunzler

1)

Def Bungis

vs.-----------------Def Bungis

Jeff Heidman

SuperSlug

vs.-----------------SuperSlug