If you recieve CM on 6/23/00....POST HERE!!

Wow. This is getting harder day by day. Everyday I wake up at 9, clean and go on the computer. The highlight of my day for the past week has been 12:00 Noon. That's when the mailman comes. When he leaves, I always say to my sister, "I think it'll be here tommorrow."

My sister said today, "You've been saying that for, like, six days!"

After twelve....it's really difficult to get through the rest of the day. I'm just waiting for noon tommorrow to come around. I have been watching the mailman. I know all his movements. At around 11:15 he parks his mail truck on the next street over, He walks along the adjacent street for a little while, walks another block north of my house and walks down my street. Everyday, my heart sinks when I don't see a big blue priority mail envelope in his hand. I am going absolutely nuts over here. It's consuming my life. Tommorrow..... Saturday, I'll be waiting again. On my porch. With the radio on. I'll see the mailtruck pull up at 11:15, and I'll watch the mailman like a hawk, while he's doing his route. Then, if he comes with the envelope....words cannot express how happy I'll be. But, if he doesn't I'll wait for the weekend to be over with, so I can wait on Monday morning.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey capt-

at least you havn't run down to his truck, stopped him in mid process of loading his bag and asked him for YOUR MAIL 1st! like someone i know smile.gif

he was very understanding, however i wouldn't do it again... i mean whoever would do such a thing shouldn't do it twice. he might 'mis-place' some other important mail

sarge

Capt

One of the things age does is give perspective. Do I wish I had it now, yes. Is it frustrating, yes. BUT there are a lot of things to just appreciate in the menatime. We create misery for our selves by wanting the world to act or be a certain way. Ain't going to happen. Will a teenager really understand this. Probably not. Does a 49 yr old understand it, maybe some days. Smell the roses. Enjoy fully what you are doing now. A day or 2 or 3 or 4 extra is not the end of the world. Check the mailbox at noon. If it's there great, if not, well....... [excuse me I've got to run home now and check my own mailbox......LOL] biggrin.gif

I recieved my copy yesterday 6/22 and was totally surprised. I ordered this game 5 months back and forgot I ordered it and did not know when it was shipping smile.gif What a very nice surprise indeed!!! I wanted to slip my wife a mickey so she would go to sleep so I could play it. <EG> I am in a near south suburb of Chicago and I am tired as hell but I can't stop playing. I may stop long enough to put a divorce lawyer on standby.

Capt. Manieri: "Everyday I wake up at 9, clean and go on the computer. The highlight of my day for the past week has been 12:00 Noon. That's when the mailman comes"

Steady on, Captain. Hold... hold!

jdmorse: "One of the things age does is give perspective. Do I wish I had it now, yes. Is it frustrating, yes. BUT there are a lot of things to just appreciate in the menatime."

True wisdom. I'm 33 (about halfway betwixt Mssrs. Morse and Manieri), and I understand this.

Zhammer: "I recieved my copy yesterday 6/22 and was totally surprised. I ordered this game 5 months back and forgot I ordered it"

Since I ordered mine a month before you, forgive me if I forget and drive a spike through your skull! wink.gif No, I really am happy for you (really). I have no trouble with the wait thanks to the recently released batch of wargames - this is actually an excellent period for awaiting CM (but actually stating that you forgot you ordered it - oy!).

Thanks for the update, Phoenix. Your order and ship date give me hope that my copy (and our long-suffering Captain's) might show up tomorrow (or *gulp* Monday).

Wendell

[This message has been edited by WendellM (edited 06-23-2000).]

yeah baby!! ordered 12/99 shipped 6/20 received today. i nearly fainted from shock when i saw the package! i did'nt thnink it would ever get here (texas).for you guys that haven't got it yet hang on, great things come to those who wait(and wait..and wait..).

Ordered early November '99, CC charged 6/16, no CM yet. And get this, I was hounding one of my friends to pre-order for several months. Finally, AFTER the gold demo came out he relented. His came Tuesday, but it was dropped at the front desk of his apartment and he couldn't get it until Thursday. He installed it "fiddled around with it a bit" (his words), then went back to playing 1776!!!

The Dude

Got mine yesterday! Funny thing, it had two mailing labels. One stuck over the other, almost. I was able to peel back the corner and read a partial name. It reads....M-A-N...hmmm, can't quite read the rest. Wierd, huh? wink.gif

Sorry Capt. hit a bunch of keys to tab so i think.. but no

So here is the skinny..

ordered last fall nov i think.. shipped on 6/20/00 recieved 6/23/00 Southeast OH.

even better than i hoped for..

remember: duck and run..

Why Captain, you *know* ours shipped two days ago... Right? Right?! [eyes glaze over] Yes, I can see it -- two days ago... [picks up shard of glass and waves threateningly] We *will* get ours tomorrow... or else -ha- -Ha ha Ha!!!-

[Wild-eyed] Sleep well!

Whoa, I scared myself... smile.gif