If CM had a First Person mode ...

18 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

And now it's time for the buyer's remorse:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1200/Red_Orchestra_Ostfront_4145/

£3.99 ;)

& then you can download Darkest Hour for free.

No remorse here.

I was not looking for an online multiplayer FPS. In fact, I was not looking at all. The game found me.

If I want to have a multiplayer experience, I play a different game (which I will not mention, because you will point at me and laugh! ).

I looked at some videos of the more realistic games you mentioned, but they seem to require so much more effort, and to be so much more frustrating then the straight-up bot matches, which can be tweaked and modified to give the a consistent experience reliably independently of any server population.

In the comment section of an ARMA III video, a guy described how he and his team where waiting for their online opponent to show up ... for four hours ... because the enemy leader did not understand his mission properly! Certainly realistic, but not my idea of fun.

The bots do not lie in ambush in some hedgerow to kill you after you walked to the frontline for ten minutes. Nevertheless, they are capable enemies, and do not feel 'stupid' so far.

And I like some gameplay decisions, which are absurdly unrealistic, but make the game more interesting, such as the pronounced bullet and shell drop even at short distances, which makes tank battles more interesting than just point-and-shoot fights.

If you want me to feel remorse, mention 'Among Us', which I  bought for my daughter along with Brass Brigade. 🙄

Off to Arnhem now!

Best regards,
Thomm

On 12/9/2020 at 2:34 AM, RepsolCBR said:

Have you tried this good old game...?

Some teamplay to be found here with you as a squadleader. It's quite old but I really enjoyd it back in the days 😁

https://youtu.be/Xdp4ZnIr7JA

*Sniff :( God I miss that game. I even made my own K rations to eat while playing it.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Cyberpunk 2077 does the same for me.....What a fekkin crock that's turned out to be!  :rolleyes:

The framerate drops on console are inexcusable, it's not like it's just got some minor cosmetic problems or whatever, it's unplayably dysfunctional. Did you notice how the voice acting tends to have noticeable tonal inconsistencies? Like characters go from calm relaxed tone of voice to AGGIGATED SCREAMING within the same line, and there's nothing that informs any of it. It seems obvious to me that the hectic development schedule meant that they had rushed recording sessions and then had to just stitch together what they had only for the writers to come in afterwards and make more changes. 

The biggest issue for me is the overall lack of focus or clear flow to the game's mechanical design. Lots of the game is at odds with itself, and lots of unnecessary abstractions are around like the RPG skill tree stuff right alongside the cybernetics skill tree stuff and it's so unclear which or what is necessary to negotiate a playthrough. As I was seeing probably neither of them are really necessary, the game has some majorly cheese-able stuff built right in to its stealth and non-lethal play design which are really making me feel like I don't need to make commitments to perks or traits or cyberz or what have you, I just need to be at the right level. 

The RPG abstractions are at odds with the shooter mechanics, so in one part of town you run into an enemy you can effortlessly headshot and then in another part of town the guards just laugh off the whole 30 round mag you hit them with cuz "role playing game". There's a useless in game economy for some reason (the best stuff is just handed to you in quests) and the dialogue trees all lead to the same badly voiced cutscenes. It really seems clear to me now that the stuff that made Witcher good was entirely due to what Andrzrej Sapkowski brought to the IP and not thanks to CDPR. 

Edited by SimpleSimon

To a degree it's understandable. A lot of these games have such an incredible number of intricate moving parts it'd be strange if they weren't a permanent beta. Trouble I see is that A. Cyberpunk's bugs are frequently more than cosmetic and B. I just don't see anything in the game that was worth all of this intricacy. It's really crazy how CD Project Red kept what was fundamentally a 2012 shooter-rpg game in development for almost 10 years. There's seriously nothing about it that's Earth shattering or noteworthy, if they weren't just awful project managers the game would've released and should've released 4 years ago. In the time that people have been waiting for the game there was a new Deus Ex game, Fallout 4, not one but two Destiny games, Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 3, and The Outer Worlds. There was seriously no shortage of games, even big name AAA titles that were already "Cyberpunk 2077". 

Men of War and Call to Arms have a shooter mode, that's fairly seamlessly integrated. Although, I almost never use it for forces larger than a platoon. My time is more constructively spent micro-managing the units, rather than pew-pewing. Brass Brigade is pretty much an old-school Battlefield game, rather than a tactics title.

I actually dig Cyberpunk 2077, a lot. I've gotten some ridiculous bugs, but nothing progress impeding. It generally looks and runs great. It's a solid CRPG, and feels like a worthy Deus Ex successor. Great voice acting and level design really make it stand out. I did hear it barely works on consoles, though.