CM1 @ GOG

There is no difference between the GOG version and what we were selling.  We've not touched the code since the Vista patch.  We couldn't make a change to the code now even if we wanted to. 

What this means is it's probable that any issues any of you have now will not change with the GOG version.  Having said that, there are a few other variables at play (DirectX for example) that I suppose might get cleared up with a fresh GOG install.

Steve

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I contacted them in January.

Cool. It worked out well, now all the titles are available instead of just BO.

I am right there with you on the camera. What a difference 8 years and a scroll wheel made.

Mord.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, Mord said:

I am right there with you on the camera. What a difference 8 years and a scroll wheel made.

I used to just leave the camera on level 3 all the time unless I was recording video.

I might just go buy these so I can have a digital copy, even though my original installation disks are sitting right over there in my 'big box of old computer stuff'.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:08 PM, Battlefront.com said:

The reasons for not putting our current games onto other sales platforms still remains.  Sales would have to increase by a factor of 2 to break even.  We're not confident that is the likely outcome.  The older Gagmes, which (for now) we aren't even selling on our own site, aren't much of a risk for us :)

Steve

Still hoping you will change your mind one day :). Only reason why I haven't bought latest installments in the series is their lack of presence of my gaming platform and a platform that allow gifting would definitely make me buy more than one copy to gift around. 

On 6/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, Mord said:

That's some masochistic logic, man.

Mord.

You often see that kind of logic in any of the gaming forums... ''until you fix this, I'm not buying anymore of your products''... or, ''No VR, then I won't buy this, and neither will all my friends''.

It's the sort of thing my lad would say when he was 14... but would usually end with ''I hate you!''

No need for the hostility: )

It's more I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of installing things through a separate website. I loved CM Normandy, it's still installed on my pc but I never launch it anymore because it's not in my regular launcher and I actually forget I have it most of the time. So I learned my lesson and not buying things I'll forget to launch, too many games coming out, imagine if I had to do that for each I enjoy? I hop a lot from one game to another and for that Steam and the like are great to make sure they are always up to date for when you feel like playing them. Here when the upgrades come out I found it too complicated (and expensive) of a system to go through with it. 

I don't critize others who are fine with the current system, I do think the game is unique enough to draw attention but I recognize it'd be quite a cultural shift for the dev hence my "I hope you will change your mind :)", it was in no way trying to make a useless ultimatum. Just wishful thinking on my part.

I just know that I'd buy all the latest installments (maybe not all together day 1 because that would be quite expensive but I'd eventually have them all for sure, I pretty much have every wargame on steam already) if there were on steam, origin or even the egs and I know a couple people who would do the same. Plus steam allow gifting and I gift a lot of games every year so I know this would be on my "want others to discover this" list but I'm aware that's not my 200-300 bucks that will change anything, just supposing I'm not the only one out there who would be willing to buy from a well installed platform rather than a specific website, now I can't know if we are enough out there to make it profitable for the devs.

7 hours ago, SA_Avenger said:

No need for the hostility: )

No worries, I was just d*cking around. LOL. Though I can see how you'd take it otherwise.

BTW you can add ALL your non-Steam games into your Steam Library and launch them from there if you choose. I have all the games I own listed in my library.

Also BF has started updating the full game installers to current patch numbers so you can usually (after a while) just down load the games without ever having to patch. All depends on the timing.

Mord.

12 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

It's the sort of thing my lad would say when he was 14... but would usually end with ''I hate you!'

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”-Mark Twain

Mord.

Very nice that these are on GOG now. I still have my old CDs for CMBO and CMBB but I seem to have lost CMAK.

They don't cooperate on my computer now though. The game's clock doesn't work right and I can't rewind or fast forward the turns. If I even try to rewind the turn, it breaks the game somehow. I wonder why that is. The movement animations for the infantry are messed up too. Other than that, the game runs OK. I can play through a whole scenario as long as I do it in real time and never touch the forward or back buttons. That means I have to play it zoomed way out the whole time and I can't really tell what's going on so the game really isn't very playable.

CMBB also has an issue where the framerate is awful unless I alt-tab out of the game and then go back in. Then it runs fine. So many bizarre issues. 

One question about the GOG versions: Are they technically closer to 1.03 or 1.04 patches? The top review of CMAK is currently 3/5 due to the game version being (or at least displayed as) 1.04. Some are reporting performance issues that were supposedly fixed in 1.04 patches. 

Still have the old CDs but had to pick them up from GOG, feels good to have digital copies. Great games even though the series have come such a long way since then. Going back and forth between CMx1 and CMx2 during the last two days have really messed with me. Took a while to get used to not be able to use the scroll wheel for elevation in CMx1.. and once I was back in CMx2 I wast trying to use the + and - for elevation to no avail :D

Thanks to BFC for two decades of great gaming and to be continued for years to come!