Issues with vehicle mounted weapons?

Rujasu

Hate to be pointing out bugs right on release day, but someone's gotta start it I guess.

Can't confirm that the problems are universal, but a few things became obvious after trying Canadian Club for the first time.

1) Selecting multiple armored cars and telling them to open up results in only one of them doing so, but the open up button lights up for everyone regardless.

2) They completely ignore all target commands.

Both of these are pretty easy to test for yourselves.

3) One of the cars got stuck doing the moving sound when standing still, but that's harder to reproduce.

These aren't just on my install, right? Other units target fire normally.

If its Canadian Club it must be C6 utility vehicles?

I think I see the problem. The mg on the C6 is manned by the passengers, not by the driver. So you'd be giving unbuttoning commands to the Recce teams sitting in the vehicle, not the vehicle itself. When giving firing orders, though, its the opposite. You're giving the fire orders to the vehicle, not to the passengers.

I'll have to look at another vehicle in the game whose gun is manned by the passengers, see it works the same for them too.

I think that's what I'm seeing as well. If I select several of the recon teams to unbutton, they all do. Selecting several of the vehicles doesn't work that way. For tanks it does because there aren't any passengers.   If I double click on the recon platoon leader (not his vehicle but the flag icon), everyone unbuttons.

As for firing I was able to select two vehicles who were unbuttoned and fire at the compound.

I just looked at Canadian Nyala, which also has single driver and passengers manning the gun. The rules are a bit different for Nyala. You give the unbutton command to the vehicle, not the passengers. Fire command is the same as C6 - vehicle gets the target command, not the passengers.

In both cases, though, of you give a fire order to a buttoned vehicle it'll automatically unbutton and start firing.

Edited by MikeyD

I just tried the same test on a White Scout Car in CMFI. 'Unbutton' command brought the passengers to the gun whether you have the vehicle or passengers selected. Target order with passengers causes a passenger to pop up and fire his rifle but not the mg. Telling the vehicle to target causes the mg to fire separately from the passengers. So behavior isn't standard across the titles/vehicles.

6 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

So behavior isn't standard across the titles/vehicles.

1 minute ago, IanL said:

And that's a problem. What you just described is how I think it should work. I'd log a bug for any other way of things "working". :)

Is it possible that this is a new feature/fix that will be introduced to the rest of the games with the upcoming engine 4 patch?

The upcoming features/fixes are already included with SF2 is my line of reasoning. 

File this under 'You learn something new every day'. I just gave Syrian airborne passengers a fire order in a buttoned-up BMP-3 and they proceeded to fire through the pistol ports! Same thing happens with BTR and BMP-2. I recalled pistol port firing was activated back in CM:Afghanistan but had never bother to check it since then.

1 hour ago, IICptMillerII said:

Is it possible that this is a new feature/fix that will be introduced to the rest of the games with the upcoming engine 4 patch?

The upcoming features/fixes are already included with SF2 is my line of reasoning. 

That's above our pay grade. We just log this stuff - and I haven't even done that.

6 hours ago, MikeyD said:

File this under 'You learn something new every day'. I just gave Syrian airborne passengers a fire order in a buttoned-up BMP-3 and they proceeded to fire through the pistol ports! Same thing happens with BTR and BMP-2. 

Now that is cool!!!! 

11 hours ago, Rujasu said:

1) Selecting multiple armored cars and telling them to open up results in only one of them doing so, but the open up button lights up for everyone regardless.

2) They completely ignore all target commands.

Both of these are pretty easy to test for yourselves.

3) One of the cars got stuck doing the moving sound when standing still, but that's harder to reproduce.

These aren't just on my install, right? Other units target fire normally.

I have this same problem in CMFB (seen it affecting M8 Greyhound armoured cars i believe)

Edited by Bulletpoint