Survey (please contribute)

Guest smbutler

Guest smbutler

How many times do you visit this forum in a day?

I really need to hear someone else say that its normal to visit this site SEVEN times a day, as I did yesterday. I am normal? temporarily insane? obssessed?

I would like to add that if there wasn't such cool synergy (spelling?) between this site and CMHQ on TGN, this wouldn't be a problem. Maddmatt and Fionn are to blame for this; their devotion to their website has whipped me up into an absolute CM fury. Way to go guys!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 times is MUCHO.

As far as I'm concerned I just log onto it ONCE.

And never disconnect from the LAN line.

biggrin.gif

How about a single continuous one?

Boy, I wish I'd receive the game already so that I'll be doing cooler things with my computer time...

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Like Black Sabot, I often have slack periods of time here at work. Some I'm probably here at a minimum of 2-3 times a day from work. After work I check in probably an average of once a day. One weekends, probably 1-2 times per day.

Mikester out.

Guest Germanboy

What constitutes 'normal' - in a universe gone mad? Aren't the mad people the normal ones? What is mad? What is art? Who are we? Where are we going? Why has CM not yet been delivered to my doorstep?

These are the questions that we should be asking ourselves...

Please note that all smilies on this iBook were eaten by Baldrick, who mistook them for something he found in his nose.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

I'm addicted !

its that simple

I'm on this board ALL the time at work (I have e-mail and web surfing via a T-1 connection AL day) the first thing I do when I get home is check my e-mail (via all-you-can-eat cable modem, unlimitied access)for PBEM turns, then in between turns I'm on this BBS from the time I get home, until I go to bed.

yup My girlfriend/now fianacé knows all about it and has been tolerant so far.

In between fixing things and doing actual work here at work I'm on this board all the time, usually in the background on my computer.

I think "other" normal people might say I have a problem, but it sure is one I enjoy!.

yup I'm hooked, those mind control algorythyms have got me, yes sir, I'm going straight to hell in a hand basket, and to quote the Grateful Dead, "I'm Enjoy'n the Ride!"

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 06-09-2000).]

Hmmm, tough question. On cool drizzly days like this, I'll come here at least 10 times, and hang out at the Annex most of the day. On the other hand, when I'm working outside, I won't check here for days at a time (but I miss it).

Craig

I check in 2-4 times a day from work, plus evening and morning from home.

I have come to realize that not being able to get CM to run on my NT laptop may be a Good Thing, as it's bad enough getting busted on the forum by co-workers. It's killing me when I travel, though.

I usually check CMHQ once a day, following MadMatts update link!!!!!!!!!

I check in in the evening usually, it depends on how many e-mails the site sends me <grin>.

I only really started logging about a week ago, though.

I don't know if that's why I am a junior member but if the BBS does keep count I won't be a junior member for long!

Once people start posting their own maps and scenarios, and I have the game on my PC I expect I won't log in as much, I will be too busy pouring my life into CM.

I check the board about 3-6 times a day. And I still say we should crash the server, or just close up shop, for the weekend. It'd do many of us a lot of good. smile.gif You know, catch up on sleep, spend time with the wife'n'kiddies, go fishing. That sort of thing.

Are we insane? Obsessed? Maybe. A little. Well. A lot, really, but loving it!

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

It varies from day to day but I usually have it running in the background or easy to get too...I check it more than my email smile.gif

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

No way! I have no chance to visit this board while working, so i have to wait until I'm home again. Sometimes it is really hard when we go on a working trip for several days or worse, weeks!

I tell you, you need a great deal of self control if you want to avoid the side effects of withdrawal. Customers look at me somewhat confused when i tell them that their houses should be build with small windows to avoid firing slit penetrations.

Yep, this game is somewhat to realistic for my small carpenter mind....

------------------

Es gibt Tage da verliert man und Tage da gewinnen die anderen.