Multiplayer campaign

Exodus

I am looking for participants to a multiplayer Combat Mission campaign.

The rules for the campaign are a mix of rules from Combat Mission, D-Day America Invades, Panzer Elite and 1944: Across the Rhine, and of course somethings I made up. We will together change the rules as we play to make a fun multiplayer experience.

The strategic turns are 5 minutes long and are played on a historic map using Photoshop to move units and plot orders. Maps and briefings are communicated through email. All communication will be relayed through the CM (Combat Master), and depending on the situation messages can arrive late.

The battles are played in Combat Mission and usually pits two company commanders against each other. If more than two companies are involved in the battle, more than two players might be playing the battle.

The first engagement in the campaign is set at 1944, 12 July, 1300 Hours, La Haye-du-Puit, France. A US Tank Battalion (task force) are advancing south-east from La Haye-du-Puit and encounters heavy resistance from defending strong points and a German KampfGruppe(Lehr) with some heavy tanks.

But before the battles begin we need some commanders. Just to set things straight from the start I am aiming for a realistic AND fun gaming experience, where fun is the most important thing.

To say something about the pace of playing I will try to play one turn a day. The worst case, if someone can't find the time to make a turn, is one turn a week.

You should feel very positive about this kind of multiplayer game. You should be able to understand some military symbols and abbreviations like: Pz Coy HQ Sec. You should be able to spend some time with the campign once a day or at least every other day. You must have Photoshop 4.0 or later(important).

First we need one allied and one axis battalion commander. The battalion commander is responsible to build companies by attaching and detaching units; distribute artillery and air support, supplies, reinforcements and replacements; requesting reinforcements and artillery support from divisional command; employing the companies in the most advantageous manner. You are also commanding the battalion HQ company consisiting of mixed units.

Next, we need 4-6 company commanders per side. The battalion commanders will change the OOB to there liking and then we will find out how many company commanders are needed per side.

The company commanders are responsible over multiple platoons or sections. You will command these units to achieve victory in the missions you are assigned. You will command your units on the strategic map and in battle.

Tell me which position and which side you want to play and don't forget the email adress. If you want to play as a company commander, tell me what kind of unit you like to play the most.

First I will contact the battalion commanders and send them the rules, OOB's, briefing and maps. When they have modified the OOB and deployed the companies I will begin to contact the company commanders.

See you on the battlefield!

------------------

Exodus

++Kommander Mensch reporting as ordered... stop++

++My Heavy Panzer Company is awaiting orders for the upcomming offensive. stop++

I would like to be a company comander for Panzer Grenadiers or Schwer Panzer Gruppe.

smile.gif ya sounds fun count me in.. my profile has my email and icq.

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 09-12-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Exodus:

I am looking for participants to a multiplayer Combat Mission campaign.

The rules for the campaign are a mix of rules from Combat Mission, D-Day America Invades, Panzer Elite and 1944: Across the Rhine, and of course somethings I made up. We will together change the rules as we play to make a fun multiplayer experience.

The strategic turns are 5 minutes long and are played on a historic map using Photoshop to move units and plot orders. Maps and briefings are communicated through email. All communication will be relayed through the CM (Combat Master), and depending on the situation messages can arrive late.

The battles are played in Combat Mission and usually pits two company commanders against each other. If more than two companies are involved in the battle, more than two players might be playing the battle.

The first engagement in the campaign is set at 1944, 12 July, 1300 Hours, La Haye-du-Puit, France. A US Tank Battalion (task force) are advancing south-east from La Haye-du-Puit and encounters heavy resistance from defending strong points and a German KampfGruppe(Lehr) with some heavy tanks.

But before the battles begin we need some commanders. Just to set things straight from the start I am aiming for a realistic AND fun gaming experience, where fun is the most important thing.

To say something about the pace of playing I will try to play one turn a day. The worst case, if someone can't find the time to make a turn, is one turn a week.

You should feel very positive about this kind of multiplayer game. You should be able to understand some military symbols and abbreviations like: Pz Coy HQ Sec. You should be able to spend some time with the campign once a day or at least every other day. You must have Photoshop 4.0 or later(important).

First we need one allied and one axis battalion commander. The battalion commander is responsible to build companies by attaching and detaching units; distribute artillery and air support, supplies, reinforcements and replacements; requesting reinforcements and artillery support from divisional command; employing the companies in the most advantageous manner. You are also commanding the battalion HQ company consisiting of mixed units.

Next, we need 4-6 company commanders per side. The battalion commanders will change the OOB to there liking and then we will find out how many company commanders are needed per side.

The company commanders are responsible over multiple platoons or sections. You will command these units to achieve victory in the missions you are assigned. You will command your units on the strategic map and in battle.

Tell me which position and which side you want to play and don't forget the email adress. If you want to play as a company commander, tell me what kind of unit you like to play the most.

First I will contact the battalion commanders and send them the rules, OOB's, briefing and maps. When they have modified the OOB and deployed the companies I will begin to contact the company commanders.

See you on the battlefield!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds interesting, however I'm wondering if the requirement of owning Photoshop isn't a bit much. It's a fairly pricey piece of software. A good PS type package is Paint Shop Pro. It's shareware(trial period, and all that), and is much less expensive if you decide to buy it. It also does pretty much everything PS does. You can find PSP at www.winfiles.com under graphics editing tools (and at it's normal web site, I'm sure, though the address escapes me now).

Just a thought.

I'm interested by the campaign, on either side.

I am using layers to move the counters on the map, and I am afraid Photoshop is the only program I own that can handle this.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a freeware called Cyberboard that allow you to create map & counter it may be enough for the campaign.

You can find it at http://www.execpc.com/~d-larson/cyberboard.html

Flo

[This message has been edited by Flo (edited 09-12-2000).]

Well, all files are in order, the OOB's ready, the assets lists are chock full of nice things to request, but where are the battalion commanders???

Think of all important decisions you'll have to make and all battles you will witness. As a default all company HQs start sending turn movies to the battalion commander at turn five.

Or why not take your HQ Sec and a couple of King Tiger platoons for a stroll in the bocaged country side? Well, OK, that maybe is not such a good idea, but the enemy might come unexpected to your company and then you will also play a battle, maybe your last...

------------------

Exodus

Still looking for battalion commanders....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am interested.

Cav

------------------

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

--Bertrand Russell

"God is always with the strongest battalions."

--Frederick the Great

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the Axis--an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business."

--D. W. Brogan, The American Character