T-72B3M shown on vicktory day parade

Oh oh, I saw that 'Thai Military' banner and mistakenly thought Thailand was buying T72B3Ms. My mistake. Thailand is actually taking deliver of the 49 Ukraine-built Oplot-Ts. I recall reading Ukraine was foregoing Oplot for their own forces in preference for selling them overseas and using the profits to refurbish six T64s for each Oplot sold.

Here's an article showing the Oplot on the production line.

http://defence-blog.com/army/ukraine-to-transfer-new-batch-of-oplot-main-battle-tanks-to-thailand.html

18 minutes ago, akd said:

" independent commander’s panoramic day/night sight with thermal imager,"

nope

Really? If that is true,  http://uralvagonzavod.com/products/special_products/6/  is this catalog only for the T-72B3M model of the Tank Biathlon? I thought they upgrade T-72B3s to exactly the 'Biathlon' model... 

Oh well, even in the next CMBS module, T-72B3Ms will be likely to suffer from weak sight problem XD 

35 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Oh oh, I saw that 'Thai Military' banner and mistakenly thought Thailand was buying T72B3Ms. My mistake. Thailand is actually taking deliver of the 49 Ukraine-built Oplot-Ts. I recall reading Ukraine was foregoing Oplot for their own forces in preference for selling them overseas and using the profits to refurbish six T64s for each Oplot sold.

http://defence-blog.com/army/ukraine-to-transfer-new-batch-of-oplot-main-battle-tanks-to-thailand.html

I'd imagine foreign currency reserves are pretty low right now.

7 minutes ago, exsonic01 said:

Really? If that is true,  http://uralvagonzavod.com/products/special_products/6/  is this catalog only for the T-72B3M model of the Tank Biathlon? I thought they upgrade T-72B3s to exactly the 'Biathlon' model... 

Oh well, even in the next CMBS module, T-72B3Ms will be likely to suffer from weak sight problem XD 

In the second clip from Youtube, there is no thermal view from commanders place. Only day sight. But thats not proof of the the opposite of course. Only gunners thermal sight are filmed though.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

I think the Thai´s got tired of waiting for the last half of the Oplots to arrive. So they bought some Chines inferior tanks.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201701111049480707-thailand-cancels-ukraine-tank-deal/

https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.wordpress.com/2017/05/09/royal-thai-army-to-order-more-chinese-tanks/

Normally I don´t belive Sputnik, since they are a Russian propaganda channel. But in this case, the Thai´s them self wrote about it.

Edited by Armorgunner

Armorgunner,

Thanks much for this, as well as the bonus bikini contest babes before the tank footage in the first video! Noticed a bunch of tanks had only the bottom panel of the ERA wedge now protecting that oddly never addressed before formerly unprotected spot to the immediate left of the gun. Wonder if the manufacturer blew the delivery date? Certainly, the absence of the top part of the wedge suggests a fairly significant problem, for what military unit wishes to parade before the world visibly missing a part on a bunch of its latest mass produced tank? The interior video was of great interest to me, notably the considerable amount of propellant smoke entering the turret after firing and the clearly in evidence Thales FLIR. I remain baffled that I could see no strikes on or near the targets from whether the MG or the cannon. Was the tank really shooting from 400 meters, or was that something else the display showed?

Regards,

John Kettler

12 hours ago, antaress73 said:

Those are not T-72B3M. They are T-72B3 MOD 2016. The ones with the panoramic thermal sight for the commander are B3Ms or B4s. They are to be deployed but only 150 of them for now. 

you are right about that. It´s confusing with all different modells of the T-72 now. Is it the T-72B3M or the T-72B3 (obr. 2016g). which 150 are to be deployed?

5 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Armorgunner,

Thanks much for this, as well as the bonus bikini contest babes before the tank footage in the first video! Noticed a bunch of tanks had only the bottom panel of the ERA wedge now protecting that oddly never addressed before formerly unprotected spot to the immediate left of the gun. Wonder if the manufacturer blew the delivery date? Certainly, the absence of the top part of the wedge suggests a fairly significant problem, for what military unit wishes to parade before the world visibly missing a part on a bunch of its latest mass produced tank? The interior video was of great interest to me, notably the considerable amount of propellant smoke entering the turret after firing and the clearly in evidence Thales FLIR. I remain baffled that I could see no strikes on or near the targets from whether the MG or the cannon. Was the tank really shooting from 400 meters, or was that something else the display showed?

Regards,

John Kettler

Was it tanks in the first video??? I just looked at the girls :D

Just logged in for this discussion after a long while...

Does anyone have, on a side note, a good online recognition guide available for contemporary Russian vehicles, going into depth with all the versions currently floating around?

Completely OT: Since I rarely drop by. Does anyone also happen to know a thread about the future road of CM? There doesn't seem to be one general CM2 Forum, rather lots of subforums dedicated to the single modules. 

Cheers,

A

On 13/05/2017 at 9:59 AM, Armorgunner said:

you are right about that. It´s confusing with all different modells of the T-72 now. Is it the T-72B3M or the T-72B3 (obr. 2016g). which 150 are to be deployed?

Its the B3M ... With the panoramic thermal for the commander and full Relikt coverage . They are supposed to be for the new organic tank compagnies of VDV. So you should see T-72B3-M with commander's panoramic thermal sight and full Relikt ERA ( including the turret) in a future VDV module for CMBS unless Battlefront believes otherwise.

The ones you saw at the parade represent the new standard for all current and future t-72b3 modifications which are still ongoing. Relikt on the sides and old K-5 on the front of the turret. They are stand-ins until the units get reequipped with Armatas starting in 2020. 

The VDV will keep their T-72B3-Ms or B4s. That's why I believe the VDV requested the more capable upgrade.

On 15.05.2017 at 1:23 AM, antaress73 said:

Its the B3M ... With the panoramic thermal for the commander and full Relikt coverage . They are supposed to be for the new organic tank compagnies of VDV. So you should see T-72B3-M with commander's panoramic thermal sight and full Relikt ERA ( including the turret) in a future VDV module for CMBS unless Battlefront believes otherwise.

The ones you saw at the parade represent the new standard for all current and future t-72b3 modifications which are still ongoing. Relikt on the sides and old K-5 on the front of the turret. They are stand-ins until the units get reequipped with Armatas starting in 2020. 

The VDV will keep their T-72B3-Ms or B4s. That's why I believe the VDV requested the more capable upgrade.

My friend is a tankman, he dreams about the panoramic sight for the commander from the day of his service. Most likely, because of the possible greatly increased prices, they did not set a sightsight for the commander. Although if the T-72B3 sample 2016 would have put the ZPU on the commander's turret with electric drives, then the efficiency would have increased and the price would not have grown so high.