Muted Velvet Touch grass is here!

I've been fiddling with Richard Tremblett's great Velvet Touch grass to make it more appropriate for the muted look:

distantgrass.jpg

This is with most of Garry Kump's super muted terrain accessories (and tranparent scattered bases - a personal preference not for everyone). major credit of course to Richard, and a tip of the hat also to Marco Bergman for his help.

I'll e-mail either a high-res (256x256 BMPs)or low-res (128x128 BMPs)version to anyone interested. smile.gif

- Old Dog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've e-mailed about a dozen folks that asked for the Muted Velvet grass so far... ran out of time at home this morning (I'm at work now with no access to the zips), but I'll get the rest of you tonight.

To clarify details that some of you asked about: The trees, hedges, bushes, tree bases, etc shown are all the terrific work of Garry Kump and are available on his website - Kump's CM Outpost.

The only one I altered is the scattered tree bases, which I made transparent. This makes for a great apperance, but *does* make plotting movement a bit trickier, since you have to watch as pull your plot line for the terrain description. Otherwise you may send your AFVs into scattered trees and not know it. Garry's scattered tree bases work fine to solve this problem, but I simply prefer the more "photo-realistic" look of transparent bases. ('course I spend as much time being a "combat photographer" taking shots of the high-res models as I do actually playing biggrin.gif ).

Wheat is Desert Foxes. The sky is BTS default, just a slight preference over Garry's somewhat darker "sunny" sky. (Love his starry night sky though!)

The map, BTW, is the LeGleize map (Drat, don't have my links at work to reference the site and creator, but the scenarios are simply outstanding).

- Old Dog

Poor Old Dog, could be sending e-mail all night!

I want to do a comparison and full review of this, but some may not be able to wait for the pages (lots of other projects going on as well).

I'll do a quick page tonight with links for people to download before the proper comparison pages are done. I'll call it "Works in progress, but here's the mod", or the "Early Bird Special" page. Eventually, all these terrain mods will be moved to Tom's FTP server, because I don't have the space for long term posting (even my own).

Just got the mod, but I need to get home to do that page and links. I'll have the mod available this evening for you download hounds.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost