Destroyed House Bug

The house may have been destroyed by artillery, but this gunner doesn't seem to care:

CM%20Normandy%202016-02-10%2012-13-16-84

I don't know if this has been reported already.

Save file is available, PM me.

Not seen yet. I occasionally see rubble flavors float in the air, when buildings are set to be destroyed in map editor. Maybe it´s a related issue. If the placement reference point on the 1x1m grid is occupied by an object, then it could be that another object intended to occupy the same spot, will be pushed into the air (or deleted entirely when it´s not auto generated rubble flavors). The problem is that rubble flavors are distributed in random ways, so that they don´t go to the same place at the start of the game, as during setup in the editor.

Back to the floating Landser. When the building was destroyed while he was in there, it could be some auto generated rubble flavor then occupied the spot where the Landser was to fall down from collapsed upper story. The game couldn´t decide what to do with 2 objects that were to occupy the same reference point within the 8x8 ground mesh grid. Think that´s the game routines that BFC needs to have a look at.

That's exactly where this is from.

You know, I just had a thought. What if a reinforcement arrives placed in a building that has already been destroyed? :blink:

I knew that screenshot looked familiar.  Is your pic from the 2nd scenario?  It looks like to be the exact same building where I saw this bug.

The bug may be an issue with that particular campaign.  Either due to some glitch in map design or from its use of certain terrain mods.  I've never experienced this bug in any other scenario or campaign.

I knew that screenshot looked familiar.  Is your pic from the 2nd scenario?  It looks like to be the exact same building where I saw this bug.

The bug may be an issue with that particular campaign.  Either due to some glitch in map design or from its use of certain terrain mods.  I've never experienced this bug in any other scenario or campaign.

It could be a map making glitch, like I said, what happens if a reinforcement arrives placed in a building that has already been destroyed? Does it hover in mid-air, or fall to the ground? When I have some spare time today I intend to find out through the scientific use of the scenario editor, and some high explosives.

As far as mods go, they can only change sounds and textures, hard-coded game assets are always the same. So a destroyed house is still a destroyed house, no matter what mods you're using.

Check this out!

CM%20Normandy%202016-02-14%2017-10-23-98

CM%20Normandy%202016-02-14%2017-10-43-08

Reinforcements deployed into a building that is destroyed before they arrive will hover in midair.

I placed a modular 8 story building, scheduled the US troops to arrive in ten minutes, then blasted the building down on turn one.

Ten minutes later, the reinforcements arrived right where they were supposed to be, except the building was no longer there.

Interesting! :D Wonder if this behavior has been noticed before of whether this is a new one. It appears it applies to Indi and modular buildings alike, as can be seen from both cases here.

Well it is new to me.

Isn't this one of those features people have always wanted? To have airborne arrive this way? :P

LOL the walking down stairs animation is not quite right for a para drop though :)

@SLIM do you have a save and a test scenario?

Bahahahaha. :D I just saw this and I hold my head in shame for being the cause. Or should I hold my head high for indirectly alerting the community about a possible bug?

Yeah that's the 'gamey' secret to mission 2 for the Lions of Carpiquet campaign - most of the Germans come in as reinforcements after the heavy artillery barrage. I could of just had a cratered the map to begin with, but wanted to give the player some 'fun' at the start of the mission. Having a bit of variety as well in what is essentially a clear out mission doesn't hurt either. I honestly thought this wouldn't of been a problem as the game would have automatically relocated reinforcing soldiers to lower levels in the even of building damage/collapse. Even with the heavy barrage in my testing the hangers and Church stood firm. The only houses that collapsed were the little shacks and houses that took a direct naval strike.

Well those pesky Germans should be easy targets with no cover. :)

Bahahahaha. :D I just saw this and I hold my head in shame for being the cause.

Yeah that's the 'gamey' secret to mission 2 for the Lions of Carpiquet campaign - most of the Germans come in as reinforcements after the heavy artillery barrage.

Well, my gamey secret is that I totally ignored the directions for the artillery, and mapped out my own barrage thus causing the destroyed house that allowed me to notice the issue in the first place!

What a crazy world! There's six degrees of separation between everything.

To be honest, I don't blame you for designing things the way you did, can't have all the German core forces destroyed on turn one of the second scenario.