SLIM vs Ithikial DAR (Ithikial Stay Out!)

The moving panther was running along a smooth asphalt road, directly towards its target on the same level surface. For a moving shot, the parameters don't come any more favourable.

Seems the game models this better than I thought. Until now I just assumed that the game checked if the firing tank was moving, and if yes, then applied some wild random deviation to the shot. Maybe accuracy is tied to turret movement, rather than hull movement, so if you fire straight ahead the shot won't deviate much...

Some weirdness is happening this turn, my Jpz and Ithikial's Firefly have just spent 60 seconds within 100 meters of each other, without spotting each other.

More weirdness happened near the Road Bridge, Ithikial ran a full squad out in front of my attack, and most of them were shot down in a few seconds.

I've given my Jpz a [Face] command, and I'm going to leave him in position. Meanwhile, my PaK 40 keeps crawling along...

Can you spot him with a target command?  The scary thing is that his gun is pointing right at you.  If it was pointing in a different direction you could area fire for 15 seconds and see if that locks him on target or perhaps hunt a square or two ahead.  

Can you spot him with a target command?  The scary thing is that his gun is pointing right at you.  If it was pointing in a different direction you could area fire for 15 seconds and see if that locks him on target or perhaps hunt a square or two ahead.  

If I select the Jpz, all I get is a contact marker. The two of them literally cannot see each other.

Bad luck on the Panther, but it did take out several enemy tanks, correct? Looks like most of the crew survived, which is good.

That is high drama there, between the Jpz and Firefly. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Yeah, three of the crew survived. All by itself, the Panther accounted for four enemy tanks, 2 Fireflies, and 2 Sherman 75's.

This is real edge-of-the-seat stuff...

I think it's a combination of the fringes of the two trees and the edge of the building.

Personally I would have thanked my lucky stars the Firefly didn't see me and backed the heck out of danger, maybe firing a smoke round or two at the Firefly's location. He's obviously got as good intel on your location as you have on his, and in a "quick draw" scenario has all the advantages. Apart from the fact he's missing a TC*.

* It was remarked above that the TC bug affects only Fireflies bought as "Individual vehicles"; given that all the tanks Ithikial has shown so far would appear in a sabre squadron, I'm a bit puzzled as to why he would have wasted points on buying single vehicles (5 x 15 = 75) rather than paying the 50pt surcharge for a different formation.

Well, technically, you did retreat back one AS:}

Nah, I just had to wiggle around a bit to get the gun laid in.

Most of my infantry is throwing smoke this turn, I'm making a concentrated effort to buddy aid my casualties before pressing onwards. Most of the casualties around the Town are taken care of. Resistance in the town has dropped off.

The Jpz is going to keep shooting at the Firefly until it bails out, (I haven't confirmed it's destruction yet) then withdraw back behind the church and take out Ithikial's MG teams up on the hill. I'm going to push up and start clearing houses, my objective is to eject the enemy infantry from the Town, and drive them back to the Rail Bridge.

Meanwhile, the Tank Support Platoon continues it's advance across the river, I'll trickle them across one team at a time.

Just like that, the entire situation has turned around once again. This battle has been on a knife edge more than I'd like, so here's hoping I can get coordinated, and decisively seize the initiative.

Ithikial has got to be crying in his Corn Flakes about that one.

Things did seem to work out for the best, but I was agonizing over the decision to stick it out. I tend to do stupid things when I get mad, but everything's calmed down now.

There's some hard fighting ahead, but hopefully the worst is over.

Don't worry, the Jpz is still alive and kicking. He won't get that close to suspected infantry positions ever again.

I'm heading out to Colorado for a job, I'll be back in two weeks.

Ithikial has agreed to put things on hold until I get back. We'll be fighting this battle to the finish, so this is just an extended intermission.

Slim,

"I hear the train a comin', it's rollin 'round the bend..."

Glad to hear the IV is okay.  I tried to figure out where the round came from but couldn't tell from the video.  I kept trying to move the view and zoom in, haha. 

Enjoy Colorado.  NH is more picturesque this time of the year, with the leaves changing.

Don't give Ithikial too much of a breather...you have the momentum.  :D

Heinrich505