AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Phil

What is the latest 6th Armee intel of what the Soviet 23rd Army is trying to achieve with their operation?

What is 6th Armee's intent for III Korps?  I initially thought it was a defensive mission with the intent of keeping the Soviets from controlling the supplies in the city of Nyiegyhaza.  I perceive that I am incorrect and not completely understanding what your intent is for III Korps.

Am I trying to retain terrain objectives?  

Am I trying to control all the supply areas?  

Am I trying to destroy Soviet units?

Without this intent understanding, I am just wasting the combat resources you are entrusting me with. 

Please let me know what your intent is.

Doug

Doug, it's fairly open.  The trees that take up most of the area are sparse with no undergrowth, but they do tend to limit visibility beginning at, say, 100 yards or so in a lot of places. There are two hills with (mostly) gently sloping sides in the center and left on either side of the (mostly crossable) stream. The hills are ringed with light forest undergrowth tiles so would be a passable defensive area, but on the other hand, the crests are easily observable for arty missions to zero in on.

So, overall, maybe not the best for an armor slugfest.  But then, I'm more infantry-centric when it comes to CM battles. 

Screenshot%202015-09-22%2010.13.02.png

Screenshot%202015-09-22%2010.14.02_1.png

a>a>a>Screenshot%202015-09-22%2010.13.39.png

Screenshot%202015-09-11%2007.49.53.png

If the game had the option to save the whole battle as one big replay, we could then just post that, instead of all the little annotated screenshots. Then people could load the battle and see it play out in real time.

I know it's been suggested before, but it sure would come in handy with big operations like this, where people are trying to keep an eye on the big picture and at the same time follow the outcome of many individual battles.

Edited by Bulletpoint

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the first one I saved came up as 036, and renumbered it to 004. This next one came up as 038.  I assume Marco got a 037 and renumbered it to 05 (probably forgetting the extra 0 when he renumbered).  So I just decided to continue that convention and numbered 038 as 06.

Also, I have an HT rider sitting about 6' in the air all by his lonesome, about 4 action squares away from his ride!

It's a rout!  I was taking screenshots for a hoped-for series of Sit Reps, but this battle started bad and got worse.  I had positioned my A/C's and HTs in a semi circular pattern in front of the large hill in the center, but his assault guns and other troops showed up immediately and starting gunning straight at my vehicles. I've been back peddling like crazy, and heading hell bent for leather to the exit zones since. His Sturmoviks have nailed a HT and  a 20mm A/C, and his AGs have nailed 2 HTs with troops in them.  One HT with a 20mm and one infantry section are making a bit of a stand in trees on my side of the river to hopefully sweep off tank riders on one AG and slow his pursuit down a tad. We'll see.

An example of one of his Sturmovik attacks:

Screenshot%202015-10-11%2010.33.21.png

Screenshot%202015-10-11%2017.28.38.png

Edited by mjkerner

Game over, Man! Should have nuked them from orbit.

His assault guns move much faster than I realized. Several on my left flank, where I was reversing all of my A/Cs, came within range way too soon, and wiped out every one of them!

It's a pistol to the head for this commander. Flying high in April, shot down in May.

A halftrack almost makes to sanctuary, but gets blasted on the last second of the turn. You can see the armored car..nage in the background. DONE means done.

Screenshot%202015-10-17%2021.52.56.png

Edited by mjkerner

Here is the Post battle OOB. The armored car(nage) unit was destroyed.

Anybody who got away from the armored cars before they started burning has been collected up in the only 2 roadworthy vehicles. A 250/3 and a 251/1.

About 40 men including mjkerner and his FO team. Please disregard the "100%" in the unit box below.

They will pull back several hexes and just curl up in the fetal position for the next turn. :D

AxisOOBturn2B_zpsvdb84lta.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

Turn 2B, 0900 23 September 1944. No Luftwaffe until 1000!

Here is what you can see....your 2 half-tracks pulled back to the rear to get some beer (blue line).

The Soviets are posing for selfies next to the burning armored cars in the battle hex they took control of...

AND a new pair of units came on map and trucked north until they bumped into your engineers..

No other movements. No defensive fire casualties due to allied movements.

T2B%20Axis%20View_zpsdiws9hd8.png

What are your orders herr General? :D

Edited by kohlenklau