AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

I do NOT care what time you get home on the 3rd, I expect a turn that night! Sober or not! :D

Just kidding! That is awesome. I want that future when I am a bit along in the years! Now: me 50, sons 19 and 15. Running timed miles the other night with the 15 year old. I am a motrin poster child tonight! You are an energetic 62 with a son in his what? 30's? And gorgeous Martha to await your return. I need that hot 2nd wife deal...anytime now please! 

Your probable opponent is Snols and he will just sit back and align his weapons systems....  

Lol, at least you can still run!  My oldest son is 41, my youngest son is 34. And yes, Martha is quite hot, if i do say so myself!:P

So my payoff for nailing his recon force to the wall, is to get nailed myself, lol!  Looks like fun...at least I'll be mobile and can (hopefully) conduct a fighting retreat.  Make that a "running-like-crazy-as-fast-as-I-can-get-me-the-phuk-out-of-here-now!" retreat.

That is so awesome Mark. I wish we could do a cool join up for beers and food down in these parts, maybe with Heinrich505 the lurker!

That whole CM convention just went nowhere...

I guess it is all down at the "fire team" level, just 2 or 3 or maybe 4 guys holding back the enemy!

+++++++++++

Yes, I will let Doug give you your specific orders but we can arrange a pull back time frame. I am open minded to the idea we do not just sit in a hex and get obliterated.

Phil

I am a dumb donkey or some other word. I did not want the four units that were assaulting to move into the vacant hex.  However I did not tell you so I get to make my first operational mistake and leave my flank open after creating a possible open Soviet flank.  I was trying to protect the recon units and have some maneuver room for the counterattacking regiments.  I blew it.  FOW is painful.

Was there any defensive fire from my advancing units against the southern Soviet units vic (3,7)?  Was there any defensive fire from my recon units?  Were there any casualties caused by any of this defensive fire?

Edited by fabishdFGM

All German Commanders

INTSUM 1 

INTSUM 1

230800SEP1944

III Panzer Korps HQ vic 0,0

INFO CUT OFF TIME:  0730 23SEP44

Time Period Covered:  0600-0800 23SEP44

1.      HIGHLIGHTS:

a.      Wetter:

i.            Wettervorhersage:

1.      230600-0800SEP44 – Sunny & clear

2.      230800-1000SEP44 – Sunny & clear

b.      Ground Situation:

i.            General: Soviet units appear to be conducting a frontal attack against our southern flank.  46 Fusilier BN, 52 Pz Jg Abt, & Volksdeutsche KP absorbed the initial Soviet attacks with the 46 Fusilier BN paying a heavy price in casualties.  However the Soviets lost between 120-200 men and 1-20 tanks in this initial action

ii.            Boden Actions:

1.      46 Fusilier BN, 52 Pz Jg Abt, & Volksdeutsche KP conducted hasty defense and killed around 120 men and 7 tanks.

2.      1 & 2 /Aufkl Abt conducted reconnaissance in force vic (4,6) against Allied aufklärungs forces and appears to have destroyed them (see Soviet Casualty Sheet 2 of 2).

3.      1 Pz Rgt 23, 2 Pz Rgt 23, I/128 PG Rgt, II/128 PG Rgt counter-attacked vic (2,6) to destroy Allied panzer and panzer grenadier forces and preliminary results are these units are destroyed or combat ineffective (see Soviet Casualty Sheet 2 of 2).

c.       Luftwaffe Situation:

i.            Luftwaffe Recce Reports:

1.      No sorties flown and nothing to report.

ii.            Luftwaffe Support Reports:

1.      No sorties flown and nothing to report.

2.      SUMMARY OF ENEMY SITUATION

a.      Boden (0800-1000 23SEP44):

i.            New units vic (3,7 / 4,7) attack to seize (4,6) in order to interdict our use of this broken terrain and defeat 1 & 2 /Aufkl Abt.

b.      Luftwaffe (0800-1000 23SEP44):

i.            None anticipated.

3.      ALLIED UNIT ASSESSMENT:

a.      Most Likely Course of Action:

i.            New units vic (3,7 / 4,7) attack to seize (4,6) in order to interdict our use of this broken terrain and defeat 1 & 2 /Aufkl Abt.

b.      Most Dangerous Course Of Action:

i.            New units vic (3,7 / 4,7) with luftwaffe and artillerie support attack to seize (4,6) in order to interdict our use of this broken terrain and defeat 1 & 2 /Aufkl Abt.

4.      ENEMY MOVEMENT DURING THE REPORTING PERIOD:

1. Four (4) new Soviet units manuevered against 1 & 2 /Aufkl Abt.  The forces appear to be aufklärungs vic (3,7), panzer vic (4,7), and self-propelled artillerie forces (3,7 / 4,7).

Soviet Casualty Sheet 1 of 2  (Shows the four new units)

230800SEP44%20INTSUM%201%20of%202_zpsfpi

Soviet Casualty Sheet (2 of 2)  Shows what is believed to be the results of the 46 Fusilier BN, 52 Pz Jg Abt, & Volksdeutsche KP hasty defense.

230800SEP44%20INTSUM%202%20of%202_zpsftk

Phil

Is the Luftwaffe flying at 0800 hours?

Lol, at least you can still run!  My oldest son is 41, my youngest son is 34. And yes, Martha is quite hot, if i do say so myself!:P

So my payoff for nailing his recon force to the wall, is to get nailed myself, lol!  Looks like fun...at least I'll be mobile and can (hopefully) conduct a fighting retreat.  Make that a "running-like-crazy-as-fast-as-I-can-get-me-the-phuk-out-of-here-now!" retreat.

mjkerner

If the Luftwaffe is flying I plan to supplement you with some sorties to keep the armor off you.

What do you think is a good course of action?

My thought from an operational perspective given the sparse intel is that 1 & 2 /Aufkl Abt disengage to vic (4,5) to prevent the Soviet forces from flanking our main forces to the north.

Doug

Hi Doug, I was planning on staying in-hex just long enough to allow the FO to get the 105s raining down on any good targets of opportunity and then hightailing it out of Dodge (er, Dodghinsky), since my recon units will otherwise get pounded by his armor and then our flank is wide open.  So, yes, I agree with pulling back to 4, 5 as soon after 0805 as possible.