AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

OK, the Allies have made their many moves and declared 2 assaults. Unfortunately the moves included one deep into your rear that has cause an "isolated" status to appear.

They have JUST cut off your supplies and the results will start to be seen in battles starting now and the impact gets uglier as long as you let the isolation continue.

Here is what you can see. The 2 assaults are coming at the forest dwellers, (dark blue against red) and that hex next to them (light green against yellow).

You also had a small pioneer zug enter on the map by foot. There is also a very odd unit (in black) that appeared but you can't see much about. Does not yet seem to be motorized. Small size overall....

T3A%20AXIS%20VIEW_zpsorazhz1u.jpg

@Baneman

T3A Sapper Assault 002.ema is in the dropbox for you to do your set up! :D Good luck soldier! 

You have 2 TRP's there somewhere to place as desired. But do not target attackers arrival zones.

Follow rules for max diameter of the area target per number of mortars or guns. See earlier posts in this thread!

You can sneak off your Opel Blitzes to the exit zone if you desire. But otherwise stay clear of it. Notify me right away if you accidentally beam somebody off the map!

@mirekm61

T3A Forest Battle 002.ema is in the dropbox for you to do your set up! Good luck soldier!

You have 2 TRP's there somewhere to place as desired. But do not target attackers arrival zones.

Follow rules for max diameter of the area target per number of mortars or guns. See earlier posts in this thread!

You have the air mission arriving at start, Korps Heavy Artillery and 4x120mm mortars. One FO.

Uh ... are you sure there's 2 TRP's ?

'cos I can't find them anywhere. Also, I don't see any Objectives - are they simply trying to do a JasonC ? ie. kill us all ?
Last question - the forward deployment areas are light purple. But the only units I have in the other light purple that I could put there are 4 tanks. Is that as intended ?

Right, quick overview of this battle ( it has to be quick, or the guys in the CMFB forum are going to come and hurt me ).

Left side of the battlefield.
The tree lines are gullies - in most cases, I have men with MP40's in the gully and MG42 armed teams on slightly higher ground  behind the gullyAll have approximately the same LoS - from about 250m for the rear units and as little as 100m for the forward gully-guys. The dashed green line shows roughly where sight lines will be established ( the whole map is rolling ground ).

Units in the area (A) are heading to their right to establish a defence in that gully which wasn't in their deployment zone.
Units (B) are heading to the far right side of the map - none of the PzGrenadiers there had any schrecks, so I'm moving them across. The road is fairly low lying, I'm pretty sure I can get across before the enemy advance far enough forward to get eyes on it.

CMRT left.png

On the right, there is more cover. The red dashed line indicates that section of the woods that cannot be crossed by vehicles. Units (C) are moving forward slightly to get LoS ( blue line ) on the area where any vehicles may emerge from the woodsline.
Most of the other units have LoS to the edge of the woodsline - any infantry coming through without armour will be very unhappy.
I also have one of the TRP's in that wood so if he tries to block LoS with smoke, I can still make it hot.

CMRT right.png

Oh and at the beginning of the turn, one would also witness this manoeuver which I have named "The Great Scurry" as all (most of ) the soft-skinned vehicles scarper. :lol:

CMRT the great scurry.png

Edited by Baneman

Update - three turns have passed. No new pics yet, references are to the pictures in the post above this.

All the "Scurriers" have successfully scurried. The (B) boys - first pic above - have made it to the right hand side of the map without any problems. The (A) boys are almost all in position.

We have spotted enemy armour by the houses above the left end of the dotted red line ( middle picture above ). 2 tanks so far. And this is the fly in the ointment. They are big. They are sporting guns of a calibre larger than 100mm. :o Eeep. :wacko: That wasn't part of the plan... :huh:

2 new sound contacts on the far left side of the map. Hopefully these are smaller.