AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Mass is growed. I mean the grass is mowed. 98F. I am beat silly but it was so tall it needed cut. Lucky I drank that six pack first for energy.

Now the gosh blessed water heater....

So, mjkerner assaulting into hex (4,6) against that XX men Horse Cavalry unit, right?

(....too bad it wasn't a XXX women Horse Cavalry Unit, I heard about that stuff in Mexico!)

Hex (4,6) is broken terrain.

I will start racking that battle up.

Edited by kohlenklau

Looks like the 2nd axis assault is the Panzer Grenadiers in (2,5) and PzIV's in (3,6) attacking the allied troops from the failed Forest Battle assault, the T-34's and Soviet Infantry in open terrain hex (2,6) correct?

Do we have a PBEM foot soldier?

I sent PM's out to Jager Jonzo, Fenthedog and Fredrock....

Edited by kohlenklau

Looks like the 2nd axis assault is the Panzer Grenadiers in (2,5) and PzIV's in (3,6) attacking the allied troops from the failed Forest Battle assault, the T-34's and Soviet Infantry in open terrain hex (2,6) correct?

Do we have a PBEM foot soldier?

I sent PM's out to Jager Jonzo, Fenthedog and Fredrock....

Nice play with the action card  :)

You are correct about the second attacks.  I did not send out PMs but made a general post above.

Thank you for your assistance.

AxisOOBturn1b_zpsotx9taqy.png

Thank you for putting this together.

Doug,

Every forum has different features. I know that FGM when you do @ and the guys username it sends an alert. A great feature!

But let me test if that function works here at BFC, I am pretty sure it doesn't.

@fabishdFGM

Let me know if you get an alert.

Phil

No alert  :(

Doug

UNIT LEADERS:

Remember each can only be used once, maybe twice at my discretion. Let me know ASAP if you want any "sprinkled in the soup"....!

Oberst Heinrich Bongartz
Bongartz is the protege of Feld Marshall Von Manstein, legendary among the men of the 3rd Panzer Korps. His operational and tactical prowess instills confidence in his soldiers, as he leads them from victory to victory while keeping casualties to a minimum.

Hauptmann Ulrich Neckel
From early in the war, Neckel demonstrated a natural instinct for panzer warfare. Having reached ace status while a feldwebel commanding a platoon of PzIV, Neckel was promoted to Lieutenant mid war, eventually heading up an armoured company. Neckel has a reputation for keeping a cool head even when under intense pressure....his men call him "Der Eskimo".

Stabsfeldwebel Werner Preuss

A veteran from the very start of Barbarossa, holder of the Knight's Cross, his coolness under fire and infantry combat expertise inspires his troops to achieve beyond their normal limits.

AAR is not mandatory but please during the battle make some short reports and use the clock time in the upper right in the compass

such as this example

RECON BATTLE  0715

All is well. Others things of note....

But if you do want to make a nice AAR with screenshots...

How about this new carrot and stick idea?

Where as I have indeed made AAR as non-mandatory, I am thinking how to show preference to PBEM foot soldiers who do post screenshots

with an interesting narrative. This could be head of the line treatment for future battles or perhaps a special addition or interesting wrinkle in their next battle.

UNIT LEADERS continued...

I am introducing a concept often used in boardgames.."leader units" that can raise the local morale to some degree and for a certain scope, platoon, company, entire battalion.

They are most likely a small HQ group of suitable rank on map you can control and the effect is done by me in the editor to make any plus ups.

A high ranking officer might have his own tank and if you slide him into the battle, the other tanks go +1 for motivation and any other HQ tanks go up +1 for leadership.

As SOP, each side starts off with 3 to have as silver bullets and if they get killed then the unit can have a net drop in morale depending on details, umpire's call.

I thought a mix of an enlisted rank hero soldier that would impact troops but not HQ's.

Then a junior officer and finally a bit more senior officer.

A mix of armor and infantry. Tank officer would not effect infantry and vice versa unless at the very highest level.

The hero sergeant might only have a radius of a few platoons.  Get it?

A famous corporal might just arrive to bolster a gun crew and a few squads.

Maybe a 4th "leader unit" would arrive randomly later on for variety.

they are silver bullets and will just be able to used once so it is not a blanket thing for the entire operation.

maybe a corporal or sergeant could be used twice but he can only affect a certain "radius" around him...

German SITREP 230700SEP44

Here is the current situation which shows our assaults (see blue arrows).

230700SEP44%20SITREP_zps8pxz7paq.jpg

Here is our Current Unit Strength 230700SEP44

230700SEP44%20Axis%20OOB_zpsllxphgbk.jpg

III Korps Commander Thoughts:

52 Pz Jg Abt, and Volksdeutsche Kp successful hasty defense vic 1,6 that caused 50 men KIA/MIA and knocked out 6 tanks giving us a numerical superority opportunity to conduct a counterattack of these forces.  I am using 1 & 2 Pz Rgt 23 and I/& II/128 PG Rgt to conduct this counterattack vic 2.6.  However I find my forces attacking out of the traveling mode.  My counterattack may not go well because they are not properly deployed.  Only time will tell.

If this attack is successful it will give my German forces the opportunity to conduct some defensive firing before Allied forces can close with them in the next hour.  It also also provides some maneuver space for 52 Pz Jg Abt, 46 Fusilier BN,  & Volksdeutsche Kp to move from their current location.  It might also cause additional casualties to the retreating Allied units because of the Allied units located behind them.  It produces an exposed flank when coordinated with the recon in force battle.

I also saw the opportunity to gain the upper hand in recon intel.  I decided to conduct a recon by force battle with 1 & 2 Aufkl Abt 23 against the Allied recon forces vic 4,6.  It appears I have numerical superiority here also.

If this recon in force is successful, I will have seized some ideal terrain and either completely gotten rid of his recon forces or have severely attrited them.  This success coupled with the counterattack looks to expose the Allied norther flank.  It will also allow my recon forces to go further east to see if there are any other Allied forces in that direction that I do not know about yet.

I believe I will still be able to conduct my mission.  I am starting to get 51 Pz Pio BN into position to begin setting up some quick hasty minefields.

However it also appears that I did not coordinate my artillery properly to assist in my two assaults.  This mistake is not good because it would definitely cause more infantry casualties.

Edited by fabishdFGM

The action card only caused a delay to your next tactical battle which is the recon battle. You will have normal artillery support for the panzer battle.

The travel mode will not be so bad, it just means your troops will arrive in successive waves as they were travelling in column.

Some at battle start, a third at 5 minutes, another third at ten and a tiny bit remaining at 15 minutes.

The action card only caused a delay to your next tactical battle which is the recon battle. You will have normal artillery support for the panzer battle.

The travel mode will not be so bad, it just means your troops will arrive in successive waves as they were travelling in column.

Some at battle start, a third at 5 minutes, another third at ten and a tiny bit remaining at 15 minutes.

Phil

Sorry for all the clarifying questions.  What do you mean by delay in the recon battle?  There will not be any artillery fire support per the card.  The artillery fire support will come but will take longer than normal (ie if normal is 4 minutes for fire request card played now means it will take 8 minutes).  I am only trying to set commanders expectations for the planned artillery support.

Thank you for your patience.

Doug

fenthedog

Be aware of how your forces are arriving for your upcoming battle.  (The travel mode will not be so bad, it just means your troops will arrive in successive waves as they were travelling in column.

Some at battle start, a third at 5 minutes, another third at ten and a tiny bit remaining at 15 minutes.)

The good news is you will get the direct fire support that is planned.  Your FOs will have fun shooting.