AXIS HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

New update - hella big tanks moving forward - 1 on the right, 3 sound contacts on the left. One of these was ID'd in the last turn to also be a big bastard. An infantryman was seen riding it too, but no sign of other infantry as yet.

I called in an artillery strike on the woods on the right - where the red dotted line is. But if no infantry show up in the next couple of turns, I'll have to cancel and replot.
Where are they ? They only have 50 minutes to "destroy me", so am surprised at their very un-Soviet circumspection. Curses ! Foiled again !

Ian,

I had provided some images that can actually give some intel within fog of war constraints.

In the below from several posts back...you are the yellow being attacked by the light green color.

X refers to some number from 1 to 9. In this case vehicles of the type in the image.

XX refers to some number from 10 to 99. In this case men in the unit type in the image. 

T3A%20AXIS%20VIEW_zpsorazhz1u.jpg

Here we have a big picture of the tanks which can now be seen. They have not seen ( or at least, they have not fired on ) any of my troops yet.
On the far right, my HQ Support Team which were the most advanced eyes, spot 2 infantrymen creeping forward. They sort them out good and proper :)
I have now given them a Withdraw command to hopefully evade whatever retribution is heading in their direction.

CMRT big pic.png

CMRT eyes1.png

CMRT eyes2.png

More action !

My centre HQ PzIV spots an IS-2 ( 2nd from right in top pic above ).
First shot is too high. 2nd shot also, but less high. Third hits upper hull and bounces. Fourth is the charm as it achieves partial penetration ( from the decal, it got a lucky strike on the turret ring ) and the whole thing goes up in a cloud of glory.

Range btw, was about 950m. Go the humble panzer IV :)

Edited by Baneman

Oh a Stuka also showed up, made a sodding enormous hole near another IS-2, but no damage :(

2nd pass it hit a different one with its guns, but no IS is going to fear mg fire even from above.

I'm risking a 30s burst on a 3rd with an HMG - the more that are buttoned the better :)

The "scout" HQ support team got away, leaping like gazelles between streams of PPSh fire :o
They're Tired, so they're not out of the woods yet ( ha ! ), but they're working steadily away and down a small slope.

The covering PanzerIV is hosing down the area with its MG's. Hopefully that will encourage the enemy to give up their gamey creeping-edge-huggy ways and cross that wood more centrally ... where the artillery is scheduled to come down :D ( it was due in 2 minutes, but from lack of sightings of enemy, I cancelled and replotted with the Wespes - so now it's 5-6 mins out, but a bigger area target ;) )

Hey, nice going boss :)

I've only killed 1 tank and 2 men so far ( and a TC via Stuka ), but my opponent smells a rat, I think, and is reluctant to do what I want him to do ( ie. charge forward over the hill :lol:).
I think if he loses another tank, he'll probably abandon the attack and withdraw. ( not sure what the rules are on that ).