CMBS License/Activation

ident

i am not saying their customer service is bad,its excelent.they are faster than most people and eveythings quality,

i am saying DRM is Psycopathic

Some people, belive it or not, can spend those 4 keys in 1month or 1 year.

customer service has nothing to do with DRM.

yes steam asks you to login every time you want to play (theres offline mode tho) , but that is common in this day and age,i dont see how pressing 1 button and waiting 5 seconds to get all your games on 1 screen with nice quality UI/colors is bad?

Steam also gives you 1-2 click install , everythings automatic and intuitive, on other hand installing CM (and specially in my case after buying MG and then* buying CW) was PAIN. and everytime i want to reinstall ,its kinda painful. specially CMBN with tons of modules

simply put,battlefront is 10 years behind ,but they still make better games than any steam game, even with this 90s technology.and thats why people play it

but face it , they are 10 years behind in graphics,animations,website(love those downloads ),instalations,multiplayer features and interface/accessibility

nothing can change that,no matter how good or bad the game is

Wait...

Are you telling me that you buy a new computer every year?

We all know that DRM is an inconvenience, both for us players and the developers. But if it wouldn't work in some way developers wouldn't spend resources to aquire DRM.

I never had any problems with DRM, and from what I can tell Battlefront prides themselves with their excellent customer support.

Yes, it sucks not being able to download everything as much as you want. Some will prefer a system where they have to enter a key once and won't be bothered again, others like DRM plattforms like Steam which expect you to log into an account every time you want to play something, but in return offer a huge number of games connected to your account, and additional fetures.

In the end I't say that (this kind of) DRM is just a minor inconvenience: You do it once, and unless something unexpected happens you can play your game. If you liked the game don't let the activation procedure stop you from enjoying it.

Support is far from exelent. I have written e-mail to forum administrator that my account can not be activated but never got a reply. I have to create another account tied to different e-mail. I am afraid same can happen when I have problem with license.

I do not buy computer every year but I change some components quite often and I reinstall windows regularly so licensing may be problematic.

Edited by ident

(and specially in my case after buying MG and then* buying CW) was PAIN. and everytime i want to reinstall ,its kinda painful. specially CMBN with tons of modules

Right, an example of a place where they have made improvements.  Now when you have to do that you can just get the all in one installer and not have to worry about the order you installed or bought it or if you patched to the right level before installing the next thing. etc.  Lots of headaches all fixed.

simply put,battlefront is 10 years behind ,but they still make better games than any steam game, even with this 90s technology.and thats why people play it

but face it , they are 10 years behind in graphics,animations,website(love those downloads ),instalations,multiplayer features and interface/accessibility

LOL there is so much wrong that that statement.  Starting with the graphics are way better than you are implying (have you looked at the screen shot thread) and ending with who gives a crap the game play is fantastic and that is what counts. :)

nothing can change that,no matter how good or bad the game is

Oh come on lighten up man you are harshing my mellow :D

That is not a fair statement - BFC are always working on things and improving...

Right, an example of a place where they have made improvements.  Now when you have to do that you can just get the all in one installer and not have to worry about the order you installed or bought it or if you patched to the right level before installing the next thing. etc.  Lots of headaches all fixed.

LOL there is so much wrong that that statement.  Starting with the graphics are way better than you are implying (have you looked at the screen shot thread) and ending with who gives a crap the game play is fantastic and that is what counts. :)

Oh come on lighten up man you are harshing my mellow :D

That is not a fair statement - BFC are always working on things and improving...

they are improving,but they are still lagging alot. if i run 5kilometers under 30 minutes  @2013 and my friends run 10 km for that same time, i am lagging 5 kms. next year, i am running 7kms, but my friends are now running 13kms @2013. apply this analogy for battlefront's improvement.that is core. graphics are beautifull but old fashioned,i could write wall of text about this but theres no point. i personally love the graphics, but still there are shadows problem (BIIIIIIIIIIG PROBLEMS,sometimes they make the game look like complete ****) and animations are horrific,our bias towards CM is making it less awful ,in reality,objectively they are horrible (running annimations primarly) . they are ok , but for 90s , not 2010-2015. 

you say gameplay is important, as if i dont know that and as if i didnt say exactly that. but facts are facts.

Forum page state that I shoiuld e-mail them so that says something about support.

No, all of the problems support have fixed in a short amount of time says a lot about support, how long have you been here? not even a week and you think you can say support is bad because of a faulty link?

Yeah ok buddy.

Edited by Raptorx7

I can tell you in emails to me from support, they freely admit their DRM has some issues with being fairly oversensitive to minor changes to a PC config.  I think they have made attempts to fix it and my last go around was less troublesome.  The problem right now is I have used up all my activations with everything except CMBS...through no fault of my own.  I probably have 15 versions of gsclean on my drive.  My main gripe is I have no activations left.  BFC won't reset them.  Every time I get a new PC, I have to submit a ticket and beg for a new activation.  There are others of us in the same situation.  Their poor DRM implementation has taken those activations away, never to return.

Any company that wants to put DRM in their products, all the power to them.  But use one that works.  My gaming time is limited.  I get 4-5 hour spots to play.  I have lost track of the number of times I have gone to fire CM up after adding RAM, a video driver, and even a USB headset, and gotten a DRM kill on my system.  Support usually has it squared away in 24 hours, but by then, I don't have time any more.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do that you are constantly mucking with your PC? I have rebuilt mine, then upgraded to win 8' then moved to a bigger SSD over the past year and I have yet to have to ask for an activation. Perhaps you should just keep a PC for the game that you don't screw with so often. Maybe not the best answer, but if you KNOW you have little time for the game, it seems your own habits are infringing on your play time.

No, all of the problems support have fixed in a short amount of time says a lot about support, how long have you been here? not even a week and you think you can say support is bad because of a faulty link?

Yeah ok buddy.

Have you understand what I wrote? They did not answered e-mail in a week. You call it good support?

I don't need or want two PCs.  That is the point.  If you really want to know,  see if support can pull all tickets.

And pardon me for being a little overly sensitive on this because its a REAL sore point.  But BFC has admitted its their problem and they see this with other people.  Don't question me on this one.  I have several emails from support admitting its their problem.  You're a beta tester...go ask Elvis or some of the previous support guys about gsclean.  A specific utility had to be built just for guys like me.

I don't complain much about BFC here.  I don't like crapping in other people's yards, but on the DRM issue, I make an exception. 

btw, my work requires me to constantly change my config and that is why I have a new PC quite often.  CM is the only game that throws up on that.  I travel a lot and am not going to carry two computers with me.

Have you understand what I wrote? They did not answered e-mail in a week. You call it good support?

Like I said, support isn't bad because of a faulty email, if you submit a ticket or post on the forums you are pretty much guaranteed a response in at least a day, I am sorry you waited that long for the email, but that doesn't condemn the entire support structure which is working just fine.

Here you have screenshot

Thanks I understand now. That is not for support. Follow the link I gave a few posts back and create a ticket.

Here is the confusion: that screen is for problems accessing parts of the forums. For some reason you are either not logged in or you don't have permission to see parts of this set of forums. I have no idea which. The forum admin does not make himself available very much, that is his style and I am sure he has lots of other stuff to do.

If you need support you need to go to the help desk link.

I personally don't like having these self help sub forums because it gives people the impression that they can get official support there. I would consider doing away with them to avoid confusion.