CMSF upgrade/remake?

Rokko

I think all of those have been requested before, but were I believe explicitly denied by BF for various reasons (unfortunately).

Yeah I've read that before on the forum. Pity a third party doesn't do a few of these scenarios like we had with CM:Afghanistan.

I'm just thinking - if I win the European Lottery maybe I'll have them made. ;)

Really the next big thing is gonna be what do they cover when they get to do the next iteration of the engine? Start all over?

I hope the hell not. I'd rather pay fees to upgrade what we have even if they are full price. I don't wanna go all the way back to 2007 and wait and wait and wait.

I don't lack patience - I'm just greedy for more settings because I know only BF can do them justice.

Now there is something we can definitely agree on.

Vietnam would be my personal gaming Nirvana...I don't think I'd have enough pee in me if they ever announced that one...I'd have to borrow some from a neighbor.

Mord.

I hope the hell not. I'd rather pay fees to upgrade what we have even if they are full price. I don't wanna go all the way back to 2007 and wait and wait and wait.

My biggest fear is that Battlefront will move to a new engine and we'll see CMBN 2, CMFI 2, ETC. That is precisely why I'm 'Ho-hum' about CMSF 2.

We've got a modern Middle-East asymmetric warfare simulation featuring nearly any force-mix we would desire. It's still a very playable game. Lets make new history and go with a new setting.

Considering the diversion from historical wars CMSF and now CMBS represented, i was hoping more for a cold war gone hot CM.

I really want to defend west germany from the massed hordes of the GSFG and friends.

and converseley bring enlightenment to the capitalist west leading 3rd shock army from the IGB to the Rhine.

i'm surprised steve hasn't started writing his announcements in quattrains  :P

i'd probably sit out a cold war gone hot game..

but then depending on the time frame we would have some of the old armor and weapons for a vietnam mod! and dare i say falklands mod?

depending on the time frame we would have some of the old armor and weapons for a vietnam mod! and dare i say falklands mod?

Yes.  This is one of the benefits of a cold war game.  All the spin offs that could be created by scenario designers with the map editor and mods.  BF provides the base game (lets say Combat Mission Fulda Gap set around 1985)  :)  and a short time later you have the crew of 82 at Goose Green etc etc.................