What is the most "gamey" sin you've ever comitted? We won't judge you. I promise.

BLSTK

Back in CMBN 1.1 I had a member of a squad run off as the rest of his buddies were loading up in a truck.  He just kept going and going and the truck kept waiting an waiting.  Eventually I told my opponent were he was and asked him to take him out.  Shortly after that the truck go going again :(

Haha, shoot the deserter ! Brilliant ! :lol:

I executed a prisoner once, I think he was one of Boo Radley's guys. Held him to ransom too over a couple of turns, negotiated a release package in the Cesspool but dumb old Boo insisted on an Obama-esque 'we don't negotiate with terrorists' stance so poor Johnny Appleseed has to take a bellyful of 7.62 as a result.

Did I mention Boo Radley is a roight prick when it comes to concern for his troops? I bet he didn't even write a nice letter to Johnnie's parents...

It was recorded on film as a warning to others...

">http://http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Allan66/media/untitled1.jpg.html'>untitled1.jpg

On the subject of taking prisoners, it should be noted that I believe in equal opportunity vehicular homicide.

Not only have I run over enemy combatants trying to surrender, I have attempted to do so against traitors who give up the fight. (I refuse to elevate them to the status of "soldier"). Shooting them is not only impossible, but too good a fate for these heathen. Sadly, due to coding within the game, a tank which had express orders to flatten them simply drove around them. For want of a Panzershreck, the TC would have perished as well.

Where have all the good men gone? 

@Stuka

Yes, a POW in the enemy rear with his hands up is like a live feed video to you of everything he sees. Once he goes white flag a flappin' then the feed is finally extinguished.

I recall trucks and such doing the same thing. I remember running some scouts to the enemy side of the board in a jeep.

I parked the jeep behind a hedge and sent them scouting.

My opponent went to great lengths to get them scouts, but the jeep was close to a main road and it fed me info throughout the battle as to units he was moving down that road. (Now I remember it being pointed out but I do not recall if that has been fixed or if the game still functions like that)

It seemed silly being able to find out info from a abandoned jeep

Edited by slysniper

It looked like navel fire if I had to make a guess.

There were a few scenarios that had it in and it was fun as all heck to call in.

Back in the old CMx1 days, I made a scenario where basically you had to stop a German armored assault with navel fire.

Represented some battle that I read that was in Italy like a day or two after the Americans had landed. It was fun and possible

Understandably, they abandoned your army in droves.

:D

Michael

To shoot one of your soldiers would be akin to a mercy killing.

I'm surprised you even have an army. All those Conscious Objectors didn't leave to escape fighting an "unjust war". They just didn't want anything to do with you. 

It looked like navel fire if I had to make a guess.

There were a few scenarios that had it in and it was fun as all heck to call in.

Back in the old CMx1 days, I made a scenario where basically you had to stop a German armored assault with navel fire.

Represented some battle that I read that was in Italy like a day or two after the Americans had landed. It was fun and possible

Sniper, I trust no oranges were harmed in the making of that scenario.

(The military term is "Naval").

I once bought an incredibly gamey force: loads of mortars during an infantry-only ME, various calibers, dropped most of them (pre-planned) five minutes into the game on every reasonable approach to the VL. I don't think even twenty of his men made it within LoS of the VL. It was pretty lopsided.

Most ladders ive played on, house rule is no spotted artillery till turn 8 and no pre planned trps in meeting engagements.

Its on table direct mortar, tank, mg fire etc only and no planned missions into area you cannot see ie deployment.

Else it can turn into an artillery wins in a few turns game.

Just a waste of time setting up amd playing it lol

Thats pretty gamey :)

I used a truck as a recon scout once In CMBN.

Sadly no assault boats to put on hills like the original CM.

That was the worst thing you could do.