Just once...

...I'd like to see a DRM system that actually works and not just mucks up things for the paying customer...

So I happily pay my 20 bucks for the vehicle pack.

I activate the game as ordered after som confusion as it says to use the code I recieved when I bought CMBN... turns out that's not actually the case, it's the code I recieved when I bought CMBN version 3... oh well...

So input the key and activate... seems to be working... but it's not.. when I start the game I get a black screen with av very small symbol at the lower end (looks like a AT vehicle).

And that's it. Thats what I got for my 20 dollars. An unusable game.

Well, maybe it's the module activation thats lacking. So I click on the shortcut.

It wants my code for CMBN. Aha, fool me twice etc. I enter the CMBN 3.00 code... inacurate... hmmm... try the original key; nope. Try any and all keys I have ever recieved; modules upgrades etc... nope...

So; nicely played DRM. You won again.

Derfel, could not agree more, I finaly got the veh pack to work after some aggravation and multiple attempts,BFC the game system rocks, the installation process needs a some serious change in the way of simplification/user friendly.I felt like Tom Cruise suspended from wires trying to hack into the Langley computer to retrieve the noc list, I don't need that kind of pressure.

So final word on my adventures with the vehicle pack.

After un-installing everything CMBN I followed my own procedure (see separate thread) and strangeness ensued...

The Game consistently refused to recognize my activations keys from 3.00 and onward... BUT... after trying them all, suddenly I could access the game with all modules and upgrades...

So; I don't know what to tell you, except a message for the guys at BF; There has GOT to be a better way!

I also found that the turn-based H2H mode, great as it is to have it back, is a little unstable, frequently one computer will stop and the other continue. Really hope this can be fixed as turn-based H2H over LAN is my/our absolute favorite way of playing this game.

Now I'm off to build a Byte Battle between Crab Tanks and AVREs.