Yes,Shell Cam.

Call me crazy, but I would love to see "Shell Cam" in the game.What is it?Anyone familiar with Silent hunter will tell you that "Torpedo Cam"is one of the coolest things ever.Basically you hit torpedo cam once the torpedo is fired and the camera locks onto the torpedo from directly behind and you follow the torpedo as it travels through the ocean to its target.You also have the option to swivel around the in motion torpedo 360 degrees, exactly the same way we can 360 swivel around a tank in motion.

So how cool would it be to hit "Shell Cam"live or in the replay and follow the shell to its target.You would have the option of actual speed or slow motion, or super slow motion.Call me crazy, I just think it would be really cool.Gimic?absolutley, but fun.And don't forget about "Bomb Cam" from the planes, maybe even cooler.

That would be totally cool of course and produce some nice videos. But I'm afraid we will never see it as it will get old very fast.

Maybe it will be a by product if they implement a true FPS to a soldiers head (Level 0 view) for total immersion. :)

Biggest hurdle programatically is probably that they had to change the UI - which noone wants to touch unfortunately.

There was a view in IL-2 that would show all arrows where shells had hit a plane that was pretty cool. Being able to turn on a "tracer" view that would extend from shooter to shell stop would be interesting to me. The decals on vehicles will be fun to play with in V3.0 for sure based on ChrisND's previews.

F5- F5 -F5...

Might be fun now and again, but would probably be another heavy drain on computer resources. I think for now people would rather have extended draw distances. Maybe in four or five years with a later generation of computers...

We could have further increased draw distances even now, but there's this subset of people here that would complain that their 7-year old desktop or laptop would not be able to run the game any more.

You say shell cam, and I say - gunsight cam and eyeball cam.

Possibility to lower the viewpoint (with a unit locked) and get camera slaved to tank commander eyes and more importantly to gunsight viewport in tanks and AT guns (or to eyes of a squad commander for infantry).

This way we could see what they see, especially at ridges. If they can see the target.

It should be MUCH more easy to do than a shell cam :).

You say shell cam, and I say - gunsight cam and eyeball cam.

Possibility to lower the viewpoint (with a unit locked) and get camera slaved to tank commander eyes and more importantly to gunsight viewport in tanks and AT guns (or to eyes of a squad commander for infantry).

This way we could see what they see, especially at ridges. If they can see the target.

I tend to agree with you there. I have quietly wished for the same thing just about every game I have played.

Michael