Red Thunder open for download...?

Gurra

It is available for PRE-PURCHASE download. So you can select the download/mail version and pre-order it but it is not yet released. If pre-ordered then you get an email when they are ready for you to download it.

And you also get a hard media copy sent via the postal service and have to pay whatever international shipping the mail gouge out of BFC, plus any customs that your border agency decides is due... The little tin box is nice, and I do like having CDs of things, but it's not that nice, and I can manage with pure downloads, rather than let Da Revenoo have their pound of flesh.

And you also get a hard media copy sent via the postal service and have to pay whatever international shipping the mail gouge out of BFC, plus any customs that your border agency decides is due... The little tin box is nice, and I do like having CDs of things, but it's not that nice, and I can manage with pure downloads, rather than let Da Revenoo have their pound of flesh.

Yeah, that shipping fee can really hurt you sometimes :(

If I could afford the game myself, I certainly would go for download only.

I bought physical copies of both CMBN and CMFI (and expansions) but that cost me almost the price of 2 other games for each game.

When I checked in at the site this morning, Red Thunder was available for purchase. Some time later, it was gone. Did I dream this? But in case I was not mistaken, one wonders what that could mean :D

Bah, made me look. Well it is almost 6 weeks since the announcement and I have 3 days off. :)

If you saw anything (and weren't dreaming) it must've simply been someone tinkering with the website in anticipation of the coming day.

Probably someone was testing the newly designed CMRT part of the website and accidentially made it available for public view. It happens.

Kind of strange that they have taken the pre-order announcement down....don't know whether that means a release is soon or there is a delay?

Go to the front page http://battlefront.com

Scroll down.

The link to pre-order is still there.

Or, click on "store" in the navigation bar, then click on CMRT. You can then "order now" and your only choice is pre-order.

Meanwhile, this is the second "false alarm" thread already - only to be expected I guess.

It's immensely frustrating that my $10 pre-order discount is completely wiped out by a $27 shipping change for a physical copy I don't even want because who on earth wants a physical copy in 2014?

There's literally no reason for me to pre-order.

So dont pre-order. Wait for the release and get download only. Whats the big deal?

So dont pre-order. Wait for the release and get download only. Whats the big deal?

you know how much stress that puts on your f5 key when you haven't pre-ordered? AND it is a whole 24 hour wait..okay granted someone will ALWAYS spout out on the public forum they are downloading so really you don't need to f5

Well I'd like a $10 discount for pre-ordering for one thing.

But you just posted that the discount plus an additional $17 bucks is wiped out by shipping costs. So I take that to mean that you want the $10 discount for DL-only preorders. Understandable from your point of view, but it might not make sense for BFC. If they offered that, than there would be tons of DL-only preorders which would be losing income that would otherwise be generated by post-release non-discounted DL-only purchases. Do you see that? So in order to recoup that lost income, they would have to raise the price of all their goods right down the line. How is that better?

Michael

I would have though DL-Only customers would be a +

No printing cost

No packaging cost

No staff member cost to package and send

There is your $ savings already more profit to Battlefront.

With the posted out version you are paying all this and then still giving the customer an extra $10 dollars to boot.

A little extra plus is you will also have an idea how many DL-Only customers you will have before release date.