No KVs participating in Bagration ?

Sequoia

There were some, but as you say they were on the way out. In theory they all would have been removed from frontline service except IS-2 production and refitting time weren't enough for Bagration. One of the Heavy Tank Regiments participating in the Orsha operation was KV based. We'll add that into the unit mix at some point, no worries.

Steve

KV-1S was a de-armored KV. Make it lighter and faster. "Faster" being relative. Once it was de-armored, it was merely as good as a slow T-34. (Roughly.) It had the same gun. Well, grab the 85mm and make it better than the T-34. Well, once the T-34/85 came out, the KV-85 no longer had a reason to be. Production was redirected.

I was surprised at how briefly the KV-85 lasted on the stage.

I look forward to the eventual appearance of the KV-2. I know, they were ungainly and broke down a lot - but they are so ridiculously over the top that I love them.

Yeah, I love them too, but weren't they basically all gone after 41?

That means we'll have to wait until a new family of games for that period comes out...

Could be years :(

Oddball_E8,

Would you believe Kursk?

KV-2 in Kursk/1943? July 12 2000 at 9:44 AM Thread started by John Chiam in Allied AFV Discussion Group on Missing-Lynx

Dave Zimmer replies, originally in two parts.

"203 Ind TkRgt with 10 KV-II's was attached to Voronezh Front on 4 July 43 and on 9 July 203 Ind TkRgt was transferred to 3rd Mech Corps(1st GdsTkBde)and by 18 July 43, 1 was operational."

"The info comes from these two Russian reports:

- fond 299, opis' 3070, delo 227, pp.12-14

- fond 3440, opis' 1, delo 58, pp. 19-20"

Regards,

John Kettler