Upcoming Mods

Canada Guy

I know that CMRT has not yet been released but what are the current plans for upcoming Mods?

I know that we will probably have multiple skins for vehicles but there is one mod I would like. I currently have the unit icons modded to show the allied symbols for the allied side and the German symbols for the axis side. Is there a planned mod for the Soviets (as I am hoping that the German icon mod will work with CMRT and I will install). I would also like to see the Soviet icons in Red and not green. To me

Brown = Commonwealth

Green = American

Grey/Blue = German

Red = Soviet

I though have never seen what symbols the Soviet military used to represent their units on maps. Did they use the standard Western allied symbols or have a unique set like the Germans did?

Brown = Commonwealth

Green = American

Grey/Blue = German

Red = Soviet

I though have never seen what symbols the Soviet military used to represent their units on maps. Did they use the standard Western allied symbols or have a unique set like the Germans did?

Soviets were using red to mark their own forces and blue for enemy.

On an interesting but totally unrelated note, I was listening to the music of Ennio Morricone on Last.fm and one of the suggested youtube videos was

The German Infantry Squad In Action: A demonstration of minor Field Tactics

Very strange.

Not so strange, I believe. Google (ie YouTube) keeps track of what videos you´ve been watching earlier - and makes suggestions based on that. Via the IP adress, I think.

YouTube keeps suggesting Curious George videos to me - because that is what my daughter mainly uses this computer for.

More for the western front games but it would be good to have different colour icons to separate out the Commonwealth and American forces. Same for German and Italian/any future minor Axis nations that may get added in.

Just makes life a lot easier when you have forces from different nationalities on the one map. Thinking one of the CMFI scenarios where there were significant Italian and later German forces via reinforcements, being able to distinct which is which from a distance without clicking would be great.

Curious George, yes, I had that a few years ago. I have never used Last.fm though to listen to music that is why I thought it was strange (and it was on a work computer) that they new of my hobbies. The video was interesting though.

As for the Icons, yes, red would be nice but what about the symbols? The Americans (and I think Commonwealth) used the X in the box to represent infantry and the German used the circle with the line sticking straight up. What about the Soviets?

Yes, and those are the ones I wish to replace. I really do not like the stock icons and have always replaced them with a mod that used the actual military icons for the home country (e.g. Allies - the X in the box to represent infantry Axis -the circle with the line sticking straight up).

That is why I am looking for (or hoping someone is thinking of modding) the actual icons used by the Soviets in WWII. I did some searching but have not yet been successful.

I know this isn't about WHICH mods are coming, but since the title makes it sound like that, let's put up a notice of what modders are going to release new stuff for CM:RT.

I'll be updating my soundmod to fit with the new front. Alot of the sounds will be the same as in the CMBN/CMFI mod (no need to replace the german weapon sounds just because there is a new front), but the russian weapons will have all new sounds :)

I'll be releasing it in two versions:

Complete version: Includes all the sounds from the previous mod (sans us/uk/italian sounds)

Patch version: Only the new sounds for those who already have my mod and don't want to download all of it again.

Anyone else releasing something?

Surely waclaw will be releasing an updated mod now that the front is moving closer to his home :)

And I can't imagine that Aris/Fuser will be idle for long with all these goodies coming out :)

I'm sure Marco Bergman will be adding his usual UI mod ( absolutely indispensable :) ) and naturally I hope that Vein will work some goodness with the flamey stuff in line with his excellent flames for burning vehicles.

Fuser's work is now so ubiquitous that it comes as something of a shock to see a clean vehicle :eek: ( Sherman I, I'm looking at you ! ;) ). But that usually comes once one has a few of his installed already.

Poor guy is probably already running away.

One of the problems I face is that I no longer know exactly whose/which soundmods I'm running, especially as I disliked some in the latest mod and replaced them with older ones from a different mod. So EF soundmods is going to take a while to bed down.

Just want to add that the mods people tirelessly churn out do add immeasurably to the game as a whole and all modders have my heartfelt thanks.

That is why I am looking for (or hoping someone is thinking of modding) the actual icons used by the Soviets in WWII. I did some searching but have not yet been successful.

Here you go: a list of tactical signs used by the Soviets in WW2 (at least in part of it, as this book dates to 1942). It's in Russian, but I think I could try translating it, if anyone needs it? 9it will take some time though).

http://www.maps4u.lt/lt/includes/siuntiniai/Z/Taktiniai_zenklai/Taktiiniai_simboliai_1942.pdf

Is there an floating icon mod that uses historical tactical symbols that is completely up to date with both CMBN and CMFI along with all of their modules? Any of the mods that I can find are all out of date and missing some icons.

I don't know of one. Bill has one that uses US symbols for everyone. I prefer one that uses US symbols for the allies and German symbols for the Axis but it is very out of date. I keep meaning to look at tweaking it but spend my time playing instead :cool:

I think i am going to make a splash screen / music mod for CMRT. All other splash screen mods i ve found at the repository for all other ww2 CMx2 titles were all in black and white. I feel that is taking the life out of the pictures, IMO it is much more immersive to have colored ones. I already started to collect appropriate pictures, examples below:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3887/panzerivfarbbild2012pic.jpg

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/WW2+Color+Combat+Photo+Whermacht_2c40a8_3803259.jpg

EDIT: btw, i would be very happy if anyone could point me to any eastern front high quality photograph in colour. High quality color photos of that period are quite rare, even on the internet.

Is there an floating icon mod that uses historical tactical symbols that is completely up to date with both CMBN and CMFI along with all of their modules? Any of the mods that I can find are all out of date and missing some icons.

My Period Icon mod for CMBN can be downloaded here: CMBN Mods Page

and for CMFI: CMFI Mods Page

These are both up to date and include icons for all unit types. As mentioned they use the US Army military symbols from the period.

Icon_Key-CMFI.jpg

Terkin, thanks, that's cool, I hadn't seen that before...

The infanty "icon" is the top one in Section 3 on page 13, but note that it is not a symbol per se but rather a trace of the unit's position, with the unit designation inside. The one below that is for a cavalry position, third one for tanks.

MGs are the top three entries in Section 4 on page 15.

Arty pieces are the top several entries in Section 5 on page 15-16.

Tanks are the top four entries in Section 6 on page 17 (respectively, light, medium, heavy, and amphib).

• 4 weeks later...