No Release Date

upen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To pass the time consider this unique title which is due for release any day now. Here's the trailer:

This is the Alpha build and it includes the developer commentary. The final version will include enhanced ballistics, deformable terrain and historical scenarios. Patience, guys!

YES!! Horses are in!

If you think about it Red Thunder is slightly different from the usual CMx2 releases. In the Normandy series and Italy series each release was a set of New German uniforms, vehicles and unit stats and a similar new set of Allies be it British, Polish whatever.

But RT is different, most of the German set already exists for 1944 and the Red Army set is very simple. It has a limited range of vehicles and a limited range of units, for instance the main infantry Shtat was established towards the end of 1942 and did not change until the end of the war. There are few national differences, the 1st Polish Division looks almost identical to the main RKKA units. Yes they have Partisans to add in and Airborne and NKVD but there is not much else. Similarly the vehicle set is pretty comprehensive the T34 covers from Early 1942 right through to Late 1944, IS1 to IS2 Late. There are odd vehicles to add in such as T-60, SU-100 and IS3 but have a look at CMBB and this list pretty much covers from Stalingrad to Berlin.

There is a pretty comprehensive list here for the Soviets so I think that they are taking their time to get it correct for 1944. Then to add in say an earlier module such as Kursk would require minimal Soviet work but of course a fair amount of work on the German side.

So it may be a while yet and there is still the manual to be published, then the Pre-release people get their couple of day early downloads, so the main release is not going to be until April as it is now the 29th March.......

So it may be a while yet and there is still the manual to be published, then the Pre-release people get their couple of day early downloads, so the main release is not going to be until April as it is now the 29th March.......

Is this true about pre-orders getting it "couple of days" ahead of everyone else? I could be misremembering, but thought when I pre-ordered in the past, I got the game the same day as everyone else, except I got notification of it being available a couple of hours earlier....

Has this changed or maybe I have forgotten how it works?

Officially it is supposed to be a day or two of advanced notice. But in practice, some meathead always blabs the news as soon as he starts DLing and the rush is on, usually resulting in an overload and slowdown of the available servers, something that the advance notice was intended to avoid.

Michael

IIRC last time I did not preorder and downloaded when everyone did. I could not notice any slowdown - took only a few minutes.

Pretty sure that was my experience too....pre orders got a special early email, but non pre orders were downloading the game during the same day. When a big game like this is released, would be really hard for people to not want to share their thoughts on it immediately after playing it. Imagine it won't be much different this year.