No Release Date

upen

The day is not over...at least for me here in Georgia, USA.

Yeah, I think that was in response to my newbie inquiry about not posting a release date.

So, that brings us to this Sunday as the last chance to *always* ship within 4-8 weeks, I guess. I was really hoping for a release today.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people are tardy you give them a nudge. I am nudging :). If there is a delay, someone should just say so and give a new estimate. After all, its not like we haven't paid already.

That is all I'm saying, too. Of course they should get it right, and release it when it's done. I just wish it was done. We are just responding to BFC's bold statement.

What was Steve's recent post? They're very busy at the moment making sure all the t's are crossed and i's dotted. Imagine the complaints if the i's in the game lacked dots! :D

Frankly, for such a daunting project as Eastern Front they've turned this thing around in record time. Less than 6 months since the Market Garden release.

Which will probably end up discouraging them from making such statements in the future. I.e., playing their cards even closer to their chests and not telling us anything about release dates at all.

Michael

Not likely. Steve was just stating facts based on 15 years of data. He never said it would be out 4-8 weeks after the announcement.

It is 4-8 business weeks.....which means 28-56 business days. We still have awhile to wait..... :D

Frankly, for such a daunting project as Eastern Front they've turned this thing around in record time. Less than 6 months since the Market Garden release.

Agreed. Quite impressive. And I for one will happily wait till it's done. *

(* Ever play a Total War game on release day? NOT a good time, no, not at all.)

Not to cause an argument, but rather just to state the other hand, I have purchased every Total War game on release day since the original Shogun. Sure, the later games, probably from Empire: Total War and on, had quite a few issues. But, they were definitely playable and very enjoyable to me on day one. Personally, I don't mind patches to fix up stuff, as long as they are fixed in a fairly timely manner.

Different companies work differently, and I have to accept that. This is fine. I still have CMBN to enjoy, amongst many other games.

No need for anyone to fear a rushed buggy game - there's no way BF would release the game when they're not happy with it, just because we start getting anxious. That is one prediction I'm happy to stand by.

I too had assumed 8 weeks at most for release after pre-orders but perhaps that was optimism. From my records CMBN was 67 days after pre-orders, or 9 1/2 weeks.

Since we only have history to go by, let's not hold our breath just yet ;)

The game itself is "done", though of course there's always stuff found after release. Right now we're buttoning up the last of the scenarios/campaigns. It's always hard to predict when all that stuff will be "done".

Steve

I know for a fact this game will be released when "I" am busy and will not be convenient for "me" at all. And since you seem to always revolve around my busy lifestyle I can confidently place release on April 17-20.

Deny all you want ... I know you are watching