RED THUNDER Pre-ordered :)

Erwin

I wish BFC would sort out a European supplier for all these titles. I bought the first few modules outright with mail and dLoad but after getting stung for nearly 80 bucks on one of them with postage and import duties, I now have to wait for download only, so BFC get less money from me for future developments and I have to wait until downloads only are available.

Surely your euro order numbers warrant it?

I wish BFC would sort out a European supplier for all these titles. I bought the first few modules outright with mail and dLoad but after getting stung for nearly 80 bucks on one of them with postage and import duties, I now have to wait for download only, so BFC get less money from me for future developments and I have to wait until downloads only are available.

Surely your euro order numbers warrant it?

Honestly, the disk idea isn't going to last much longer. The media will gradually disappear and the computer you are using a few years from will likely not even have a disc player. Probably not worth going through the effort to set up a supply chain for a soon to be obsolete medium.

It worries me that we are heading towards a society where we don't own anything, just rent a license to use something we downloaded, but that we are not free to do with as we please.

To me it's the same as being a home renter (you're one step from homelessness) or an owner (you own property).

It worries me that we are heading towards a society where we don't own anything, just rent a license to use something we downloaded, but that we are not free to do with as we please.

To me it's the same as being a home renter (you're one step from homelessness) or an owner (you own property).

Ha I work in telecom. When I started in this business we were still removing those old cord board consoles like Lily Tomlin used to goof on. Then Digital PBXs came along and things shrank a little, but the PBX room I worked in for George Washington University was about 100 feet of wall frame and almost 70 refrigerator size cabinets. Today I work with a group of 5 people responsible for development of a system that supports about 20,000 people in 53 countries with over a hundred offices and pretty soon I won't be able to point to a single server and say, that is ours. It is all going virtual.

I used to spend hours hanging in Borders browsing though books sipping coffee. I could kill whole days that way. Now I go online, see a book I am interested in and in one click and about two minutes I am reading it in my home and my "bookshelf" that holds thousands of books is smaller than that pad of paper. (by the way that paper and PC reference was kind of apples to oranges, but in any event PCs are decreasing the use of paper- books alone show you that).

The world is changing my friend, you need to look at things a lot differently to understand what represents value. And yes it can be scary as sometimes it is very hard to define.

As to DRM, that is more an issue of so many folks being thieving cheap arse bastards, not the medium itself, If folks were simply honest and paid for what they used we wouldn't have drm, but we'd still have no need of discs.