Mod request: red brick pavement

Calling all Dutchmen:

Didn't Dutch cities and towns often use red brick for their sidewalks?

(My only knowledge of this is a fuzzy memory of a visit to Holland some 40-plus years ago, and a lot of time starting at virtual Dutch sidewalks from a prone position as a FPS character in "Brothers in Arms 3" on PS2 back in the day...)

If anyone has the time or inclination, a red brick terrain tile would help maps in the Holland look more authentic, i think. I'd recommend modding "Paved 1" or "Paved 2," which are both gray pavers that look pretty similar.

Which is one of the main reasons why we always tried to remain neutral in international conflicts.

He has his moments. Now I knwo why he's so dead serious when I'm talking to him -. he's reservving all his jokes for the official fourms! :D

Anyway, I support this idea. Sadly I'm too busy with otehr stuff else I'd have tried it myself. Fuser - get home, you can go on vacation another time! :P

He has his moments. Now I knwo why he's so dead serious when I'm talking to him -. he's reservving all his jokes for the official fourms! :D

Anyway, I support this idea. Sadly I'm too busy with otehr stuff else I'd have tried it myself. Fuser - get home, you can go on vacation another time! :P

As much as I enjoy our conversations, Earl, it also makes me realize how serious life is...;-D

I searched a little and here I have found some pictures of REAL roads:

02867.JPG

f811b.JPG

52ae2.JPG

Rather different from our ordianry cobblestones, but looks nice. From what I can gather these roads are primarily in areas where only little to no heavy traffic occurs and nothing above 30km/h. mayb one of our Dutch friends can enlighten us what the situation during WW2 and how prevalent this road type was?

I searched a little and here I have found some pictures of REAL roads:

02867.JPG

f811b.JPG

52ae2.JPG

Rather different from our ordianry cobblestones, but looks nice. From what I can gather these roads are primarily in areas where only little to no heavy traffic occurs and nothing above 30km/h. mayb one of our Dutch friends can enlighten us what the situation during WW2 and how prevalent this road type was?

Now, now, Earl, you know I resent your jokes about my age....

As far as I know the "klinker-streets" were very common during WW2. Even a lot of the main roads were paved with these pattern-laid stones. As the Dutch are well-known for their, almost Scottish "careful way of spending money"(= stingy!), they used this very cheap and pretty durable material where ever they could.

When you look at pictures from Market Garden and Hell's Highway, for instance, you will see how common those brick-roads were.

Just one example..

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yhulpqqfg0M/Tnp9QPTtCSI/AAAAAAAABG4/trZ0SFMD1FA/s1600/440921%2BBritish%2B44th%2BRoyal%2Bnear%2BVeghel.jpg&imgrefurl=http://wwii-letters-to-wilma.blogspot.com/2011/09/21-september-1944.html&h=773&w=1200&sz=582&tbnid=e-ALIMphCPCzUM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=175&zoom=1&usg=__oYIxfr_ZXaHRU7MJzRVhJDahF5Q=&docid=n-yK0ICzDvyacM&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=P5WCUuayNMvRsgb4koGYAw&ved=0CDkQ9QEwBA

But, since especially at street corners, those fine laid stone-patterns were easily destroyed by passing tracked vehicles, the Allied armor may have finally contributed to a better road surface in the post-war Netherlands!

Still, even today there are lots of "klinker"-roads. The street I live on, as well as the surrounding streets, are paved with klinkers.

So, a "klinker" mod for Market Garden would/could be a very nice addition..