SPW 251/3 Has A Panzerfaust?

By "they" @womble means a passenger unit would have to acquire the faust and then dismount and take it with them.

When a unit is in the HT look at the Special tab an use the acquire command to get a listing of all the stuff the HT has that a unit can take. Once your guys have done that they will take what ever the acquire with them when they leave the HT. You cannot put things back or trade, explicitly, with other units. So, make sure you mean it:-)

Remember, though, that any extra ammo/ordnance will carry a weight penalty which will cause your troops to fatigue more rapidly.

And here I was just thinking my troops are just as fat and lazy as me.

I was under the impression there was no penatly for extra ammo(there should be IMO)

I swear I read somewhere this was so?

If so then I certainly hope that ammo aquisition in the future is broken down to smaller amounts as I often resupply split teams.

A

I was under the impression there was no penatly for extra ammo(there should be IMO)

I swear I read somewhere this was so?

There definitely is an encumbrance penalty for carrying extra ammo, but it's usually not really noticeable unless you (a) load up a small team with lots of ammo, and (B), order them to execute a lot of very fatiguing movements like SLOW and FAST. Terrain being traversed matters too -- running through marsh or heavy woods tires units out a lot faster than running across open ground.

If you want to see it in action, Acquire 2000 rounds of ammo with a 2-man scout team, run them around a bit, and compare their fatigue level to a similar scout team with a normal ammo load.

IMHO, the effect should probably be increased a bit, but is there.

Colonel_Deadmarsh,

If you can get your hot little hands on the old Bellona books on German halftracks, you'll find some remarkable things. The Panzerwerfer 42, for example had a Panzerschreck and other goodies to provide local defense when the AFV laagered for the night. The two books detail exactly which halftrack carried what as standard fit.

Regards,

John Kettler

Remember, though, that any extra ammo/ordnance will carry a weight penalty which will cause your troops to fatigue more rapidly.

I usually add 1000 rounds of 5.56 + 2 AT-4s to my US squads in CMSF. The Javelins are handed out too, but prefereably to 2nd lines units, like C2 elements and MG teams (wich get 1000 additional 7,62 rounds). I like to use the target area command a lot, so i really need that additional ammo to be carried on the men. I dont want to do an 'acquire ammo from that vehicle' drill while in combat.

In the WW2 CM games i usually only hand out additional ammo for those automatic weapons that are carried by only one or two members of the squad - like the MP40. The german squad MGs, for example, can draw additional 7,92 ammo from the riflemen for quite a while if they need it, but the MP40s burn through the ammo they get as standard too quickly. The same is true for the Stens and Thompsons, they use up their ammo really quick if you arent careful. Panzerfausts and all those other nice things are also always given to the troops by me.

Colonel_Deadmarsh,

If you can get your hot little hands on the old Bellona books on German halftracks, you'll find some remarkable things. The Panzerwerfer 42, for example had a Panzerschreck and other goodies to provide local defense when the AFV laagered for the night. The two books detail exactly which halftrack carried what as standard fit.

Regards,

John Kettler

Interesting. So in real life situations, approx how many of these panzerfausts would a halftrack carry for defense?

I hope we eventually are able to acquire from adjacent units without having to embark/disembark. Yes, there should be a time penalty. But, it would reduce the need for so many orders and a queue when several teams are trying to board the same vehicle for ammo resupply.

Also, it feels like units can carry way more extra heavy ammo and AT weapons with too little fatigue penalty. Maybe I don't run em as much or as far in one WEGO turn as other players, but even with max load-outs I rarely see any fatigue during movement.

Actually, maybe this could be a whole new family for CM2 - CM: PARADE GROUND where you get to name and drill your soldiers as you train them up from recruits/draftees.

Then, the game could allow you to promote those worthies, and assign commands to them. And then you could import them into the existing combat version of CM2... And then... Ooh, getting wet...

The Bellona books on German halftracks I mentioned are:

Bellona Handbook No. 2: German Army Semi-tracked Vehicles 1939-45 Part 3. M. Schuetzenpanzerwagen Sd.Kfz 251

Author: P. Chamberlain, HL Doyle

Publisher: MAP Publications

Year: 1972

and

Title: Bellona Handbook No. 2: German Army Semi-tracked Vehicles '39-'45 Part 2. Light Armored Personnel Carriers

Author: P. Chamberlain, HL Doyle

Publisher: MAP Publications

Year: 1971

From what I can tell, both are available for download, from the Monty Python-named (okay, not) site MirKnig, which is Russian.

Regards,

John Kettler