New Stalingrad Movie

its nice to see other countries producing war movies, they tend to have a different take on the war then we do.

Has anyone seen "Flowers of War"? it is the most expensive chinese movie ever made. It takes place in 1937 and you can see the chinese still have not forgiven the japanese for the war.

Hi,

You mustn’t expect too much.. Band of Brothers and The Pacific may turn out to be near once in life time films/series.

The Stalingrad movie looks to be about as good as it gets... we are not the average audience for war movies ;). Un-tweaked up near recreations of the real WWII probably has too small and audience for its costs. Sadly... :).

All the best,

Kip.

City of Life and Death (Nanjing! Nanjing!) for an amazing WW2 movie. You want it real, so be it,...

Not a Hollywood, popcorn movie, you are advised,...A masterpiece never is,...Photography makes you feel (almost, of course ) there, as Schindlers list did,...

Those two clips were impressive. The first for looking like a great war film (note the US flag flying next to the Nazi flag to ensure the Chinese associate us together), the 2nd clip for looking like a WW2 war musical/video complete with line dance a la West Side Story. Weird but wonderful.

City of Life and Death (Nanjing! Nanjing!) for an amazing WW2 movie. You want it real, so be it,...

<snipped>

Thanks for recommending. It is available for Instant Watch on Netflix. Have added to my queue and look forward to watching.

Unfortunately, I'm likely to pass on the Stalingrad movie...

In war...there is love...

In love...there is hope...

Puhleeeeeze...maybe I'm just old and surly...

Fuser: Kudos for recommending the Nanking flick...it looks outstanding!

That taiko drum scene is intense...

In my Netflix queue...

its nice to see other countries producing war movies, they tend to have a different take on the war then we do.

Has anyone seen "Flowers of War"? it is the most expensive chinese movie ever made. It takes place in 1937 and you can see the chinese still have not forgiven the japanese for the war.

The car advertizement was very cute.

Longest 5 seconds I've ever counted