Realistic Colour Saturation

It seems to me I have read a thread concerning a feature that would allow you to change the saturation to a more "realistic level". As I remember it was not a mod but something BFC was including in the game. I have searched for it but without any luck.

Does anyone remember or know anything about it?

Yeah, the normal in-game colors (sans movie mode) are extremely realistic. They just don't look like what we're normally exposed to in this context - war movies.

Really an interesting area. I remember someone becoming aware of infra-red light to the extent of pain from looking at a supermarket scanner. Wjilst looking that up this nugget turned up in a Yahoo answer:

Yes although only two cases have been reported as it is extremely rare. Here is an article about it:

Tetrachromacy is the ability to see light from four distinct sources. An example of this in the animal kingdom is the zebrafish (Danio rerio), which can see light from the red, green, blue, and ultraviolet sections of the light spectrum. True tetrachromacy in humans is much rarer however – according to Wikipedia only two possible tetrachromats have been identified.

Humans are normally trichromats, having three types of cone cells that receive light from either the red, green, or blue part of the light spectrum. Each cone can pick up about 100 graduations of color and the brain combines colors and graduations so that there are about 1 million distinguishable hues coloring your world. A true tetrachromat with an extra type of cone between red and green (in the orange range) would, theoretically, be able to perceive 100 million colors.

Like supertasting, tetrachromacy is thought to be much more common in women than men – estimates range from 2 – 3% to 50% of women. Interestingly, colour-blindness in men (much more common than in women) may be inherited from women with tetrachromacy.

Other bits found suggest that some people [particularly young] can see into the infra-red particularly provable with infra-red remotes, and older people after cataract operations can see into the ultra-violet end.

Assuming there is a basis in fact interesting to cogitate if any of these conditions provides a combat advantage in spotting in RL.

Mr. I - The Colour-blind Painter...

Just as an aside, about 20 years ago I met an artist who was partially (mostly) color blind. He illustrated children's books and was in fact very good. I asked him how he was able to manage and he didn't really have an explanation.

Michael