Feature Proposal for combatmission?

That is of course lovely, but my thought (since you asked) is that it belongs in an FPS rather than CM. CM does occupy somewhat of a gray area, but I'd say it is more about controlling units rather than individual men. Admittedly, vehicles are controlled individually, but they usually have multi-man crews, whereas the picture you offer represents the viewpoint of one single member of a crew, namely the gunner.

Added: Do not take by that that I would be opposed to having such a view as an option. I was just trying to explain why I think it is unlikely to turn up any time soon.

Michael

It would certainly make for fewer "Why the frack won't that [element of your choice] [fire on|spot] that target!??" moments. The locations of any given pair of eyes is known to the engine. All it really needs is an interface command to step through a crew's viewpoints: "Ctrl-plus" and "Ctrl-minus" maybe?

Very nice good Idee, I love it and It's could be very interresting in the new CM generation or Patch 3.0.

A view like Theatre of War, a touch of reality, to be the tourret commander from the beast, with of course have the possibility to make a choice to manage the gun and shoot Up or Down and have a clear vision of impact.

But in this case we have to use the same prosses to the infantry too, is this realisable I don't think so ...some comments?:rolleyes:

Very nice good Idee, I love it and It's could be very interresting in the new CM generation or Patch 3.0.

"Patch" 3.0 is probably a misnomer. It'll be Version 3 when it arrives, and its feature list is probably already fixed, and I'd be extremely happily surprised if it had this feature.

A view like Theatre of War, a touch of reality, to be the tourret commander from the beast, with of course have the possibility to make a choice to manage the gun and shoot Up or Down...

I'm pretty sure that's never going to be included in the CM line. It's simply not what the game is about.

But in this case we have to use the same prosses to the infantry too, is this realisable I don't think so ...some comments?:rolleyes:

I think it's as doable for the infantry as it is for vehicles. Every pair of eyes must already have an x,y,z coordinate, which the engine knows in order to determine LOS/spotting test results. The camera/view can surely be fixed to any point in the volume the game engine is managing; you can drive it through any point manually, it's just difficult (or impossible) to get low enough to look through infantry eyes, or to precise enough a height for vehicle crews, by hand. So, Tab to a unit, then a keystroke to cycle through the viewpoints. Scrolling out or hitting a fixed-height key would drop out of "pTruppe's eye view" to normal exterior views just as we have now.

I think it's as doable for the infantry as it is for vehicles. Every pair of eyes must already have an x,y,z coordinate, which the engine knows in order to determine LOS/spotting test results. The camera/view can surely be fixed to any point in the volume the game engine is managing; you can drive it through any point manually, it's just difficult (or impossible) to get low enough to look through infantry eyes, or to precise enough a height for vehicle crews, by hand. So, Tab to a unit, then a keystroke to cycle through the viewpoints. Scrolling out or hitting a fixed-height key would drop out of "pTruppe's eye view" to normal exterior views just as we have now.

To repeat myself (with apologies), this sounds like a lovely idea except...it takes CM very far into the realm of FPS. Consider: if implemented, a player would need to spend hours on every turn checking the LOS of every soldier on the field or be penalized playing against someone who did. In the case of large scenarios, hours might stretch into days. You may argue that it is exaggerating to say that you would need to check LOS of every soldier, and perhaps most of the time that might be true, but the potential is there and it would crop up often enough to represent a real problem. So be careful what you ask for.

Michael

dont know at what point this have been twisted or turn to complicated,,

is simple like 3j2m7 says "A VIEW LIKE THEATRE OF WAR" just a view without getting in to the FPS or LOS for all eyes on every soldier and use it as a tool for the game I know about all the complicated stuff you saying, but im not asking for that, that's a different topic

Theatre of war dint include the top turret view in game till a patch came out

again just saying "a view like the ones we got in game but with the sights graphics using the ground level we already use" that will give us the gunner view thats all

A better option IMO (and one that fits in with CMBN / CMFI's style of gameplay) is a camera viewpoint that gets the player closer to the ground. If I want to look down the sights of a tank gun I'll play Steel Beasts or DCS Combined Arms.

dont know at what point this have been twisted or turn to complicated,,

is simple like 3j2m7 says "A VIEW LIKE THEATRE OF WAR" just a view...

Except he didn't ask for "just a view":

...be the tourret commander from the beast, with of course have the possibility to make a choice to manage the gun and shoot Up or Down...

That is the part that has no place in this series of games. What you're asking for would be a neat addition.

The sad thing is, you can get your camera right now to the present correct elevations at times to see what the unit should be able to see and what you find out is, either it cannot see something that seems to be clearly out there in the open at times or at times it sees things that really it should not see but does because of some small tiny hole it has found in the concealment.

So it would bring more complaints than it would ever help in finding out what the unit is going to spot.

The sad thing is, you can get your camera right now to the present correct elevations at times to see what the unit should be able to see and what you find out is, either it cannot see something that seems to be clearly out there in the open at times or at times it sees things that really it should not see but does because of some small tiny hole it has found in the concealment.

So it would bring more complaints than it would ever help in finding out what the unit is going to spot.

That certainly seems to be true. Of course it may just be we're looking at it wrong, and a "true view" option would show us exactly why the shot can't be taken. You may have a point, though.