Off-Topic: TMA Soviet Infantry

Yet they also couldn't break and run, since they had as much to fear in punishment from their own side as from the enemy.

Which raises a good CM question: What would be the best way to set the "soft factors" to represent the typical Red Army soldier of WW II (yes, I realize there's no such thing and it depends on the time/place/unit and whether it might have been a Guards formation or rifle troops, etc.)?

I'm imagining troops that have low training, little experience, little initiative, not particularly well skilled, but also very stubbornly persistent in combat and much more likely to fight/die in place than rout.

How would one represent that in game, since it would seem that very poor motivation doesn't usually equal high staying power?

Conscript/Green Experience

Extreme Motivation

-1 Leadership

Motivation seems to have more to do with tenacity than true combat capability, so Extreme/Fanatic should be fine.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baron, you know you refer to people in America, etc as capitalists, etc.

I dont know if you understand that here we live in a capitalist country, but most arent inherently capitalistic people, or just greedy or addicted to material. Thats only some people, you should know that in America we're not taught to hate Russia or Russians, or that we should control the world or police things. I only say that because of perceived animosity towards Americans and capitalists, and as an American I think you've just been misinformed about what Americans think or are like. I've also met several Russians, two of which I was friends with. I'm a student of your history and know some things about your country, and I wonder - what do you know about the US?

What I know about the United States? I think basically what everyone should know about the United States, is something that this country was founded by the Freemasons to be a stronghold of the global shadow government, and the false example of prosperity the capitalist ideology.

But I know people in US not bad, like everywhere in white countries.

Finally, I'd like to point out, that you really have no right to say 'neger' or use words like that. I for one, am white, but what would you know about black people one way or the other? Last time I checked there were about 5 blacks in Russia and they're probably all in the US embassy, or an African embassy. You wouldn't know the first thing about it.

In Moscow many black students from Africa, and one time I saw black homeless person on Moscow street, like in Bronks or somewhere in US. I like word nigger, and I use much hard word for this... this word not for this forum.

What I know about blacks? Nothing, because they do NOTHING for civilization! UNDERSTAND? NOTHING! I proud that I white, I proud that I have Russian, West Ukraine and Polish ancestors and I proud to live in Russia, and I don't want that somebody forbid to me say nigger.

P.S. When niggers would be do with you that's they did with white farmers in Africa don't scream HELP ME!!! You are victim of Liberals)))

What I know about blacks? Nothing, because they do NOTHING for civilization! UNDERSTAND? NOTHING!

What have you contributed to civilisation so far?

I proud that I white, I proud that I have Russian, West Ukraine and Polish ancestors and I proud to live in Russia,...

Well, if you dont have anything else to be proud of i guess you have to be proud of your skin colour.

...and I don't want that somebody forbid to me say nigger.

Guess what the admins here are going to do if you go on like that.

You do know that modern man - Homo Sapiens evolved in Africa, and your great-great-great-great... grandfather there first developed tools and art. Shame you've forgotten your deep heritage :eek:

What I know about blacks? Nothing, because they do NOTHING for civilization! UNDERSTAND? NOTHING! I proud that I white,

What I know about blacks? Nothing, because they do NOTHING for civilization! UNDERSTAND? NOTHING! I proud that I white,

LOL I wonder, what have you done for the civilization, besides that you are proud white Russian?

PS. One thought about word nigger. I never understand that. Why this is so much tabu word, even forbidden under legal sanctions but when black man calls white a whitey or honky there aren't as many emotions and no one call him racist. Even black people call themselves niggers ;) I don't know this words etymology but wasn't it neutral at the beginning? Just wondering ;P

beelzeboss,

Its derived from negro (black in spanish), nigger was and is a condesendig term. Whites enslaved blacks and brought them to the new world, not the other way around.

But the history of slavery goes much beyond that and has been practiced by most cultures and races in some way.

White americans called their black slaves niggers, so that is probably where negative connotation comes from. So if you are white and call a black person a nigger, you imply that you regard him as a slave and to be of less worth than yourself.

Wow, what a bad turn this thread took. BF please close this. It has nothing to do with Russian Army anymore and it absolutely has nothing to do with CMBN.

I agree this is not a pleasant thread anymore. But, in spite of the fact that some people use words, and state opinions, that are far (really, really, far) from me, there's still a dialog going on that is - be it barely - acceptable.

In my opinion it NEVER helps to cut off a discussion because it's getting unpleasant. Au contraire, if we want to make people aware of mistakes, or if we want them to understand that their believes may be wrong and/or dangerous, keeping the dialog going is a necessity.

Arguments and facts and explanations can sometimes make people think again, but being able to accept that one has been misinformed, misguided or maybe even indoctrinated is nearly always a slow and very difficult process. It takes time to change.

Besides, we cannot, and should not, expect that anyone will change his convictions just because we think that our opinions are very righteous and morally right.

And one thing I know for sure: people with unpleasant prejudices never respond well on blunt statements and judgemental verbal attacks. They'll just dig in deeper.

Nobody on this forum hasn't had some bad idea(s) and or convictions in his time. So do not judge to soon if people seem to be "ignorant" or "racist" or "stupid" or whatever. Maybe they just haven't been informed properly, and maybe the discussion on this thread can help to show people that there are other ways of thinking.

So I'm for keeping the thread open.

@Seedorf81

I would agree with your stance on free speech except that maintaining free speech is not the purpose of this forum. I believe this forum is intended to further the discussion of CMBN not a place to try and educate the ideologically ignorant.

Look for Steve to lock this up as soon as he gets off the yacht with Charlize.

@Seedorf81

I would agree with your stance on free speech except that maintaining free speech is not the purpose of this forum. I believe this forum is intended to further the discussion of CMBN not a place to try and educate the ideologically ignorant.

Look for Steve to lock this up as soon as he gets off the yacht with Charlize.

You're right. Lack of Market Garden news gets to me, I reckon.:D

The best way to end non-topic talk would probably be a new release or patch or module or something like that.

You're right. Lack of Market Garden news gets to me, I reckon.:D

The best way to end non-topic talk would probably be a new release or patch or module or something like that.

Pretty sad when a discussion like this is the most interesting thing going right now ... BF FIX OR DO SOMEFINK !!!