Some days.....

I love playing CM in WWII, and I honestly have more fun with it then with Shock Force at this point. But sometimes, in certain scenarios, I really miss my 40mm Grenade launchers. It's what I used to call my "Infantry Eraser". Just point and it goes away. I love that thing.

Anybody else miss any modern equipment in the Hedgerows?

I love playing CM in WWII, and I honestly have more fun with it then with Shock Force at this point. But sometimes, in certain scenarios, I really miss my 40mm Grenade launchers. It's what I used to call my "Infantry Eraser". Just point and it goes away. I love that thing.

The equivalent is the 60mm mortar. It's a bit more leisurely, even in direct lay, than a Mark 19, but the '40s were a more leisurely age... ;)

Hey, Nukes and Daisy Cutters weren't in CMSF. Besides, buying 10 Nebelweurfer launchers gets much the same effect, if you're looking to just watch everything on the map die. I just miss how useful a 40mm Stryker vehicle was. After playing with one of those things, you realize how much of a joke armored infantry halftracks are. But I'm sure once we get more 20mm cannons (Or an AA M-16) I'll get much the same feeling.

The german Stummel HT with its 75mm gun is pretty useful actually. Its 8 75mm HEAT rounds even lets it sucessfully take on allied tanks if it gets the first shot.

But i agreee with you, they Strykers 40mm automatic grenade launcher is a fearsome weapon.

I've often wondered what it would have been like if one could transport a 1991-era US infantry division with all its logistical and service support back through time to 1944 Normandy. Might have speeded things up a little, eh?

Michael

Have you read any of Turtledove's "World War" stuff. They're aliens, but their ground combat vehicles are a lot like modern MBTs...