People complaining about the $10.00 Upgrade

I am really sick of reading a thread and someone has to put in how upset they are at the $10.00 upgrade! I'm sick of it and I'm tired of people thinking they should have things for free on someone else's work!

1.) Battlefront does not charge for a patch...let me remind you people what a patch is. A patch is to fix problems that arise from a game. You know things not working the way they are intended. lets say crashes to the game, certain features not working properly etc...Its kind of like buying a car and if you have certain common problems a warranty or a recall may come into play to address the problem at no expense to the customer.

2.) This is an upgrade that improves on the current base game, based on customer feedback of items fans of the game system have asked for! It also adds uniform and vehicle art work etc. The Total War series does this all the time and asks you to pay for it...oh my gosh! You can take the added features or not or wait for the next module to come out...its up to you. This is like a new model year in a car...

3.) People that complain about this are just ungrateful..its the same I want something for nothing crowd but please pay me for my services, but I don't want to pay you for yours.

4.) My last point here is that this is one of the best tactical war games I have ever played. Battlefront puts out a very good product and to me they have done an amazing job and the concept about this platform is brilliant. I may be wrong but it seems like they have created a system that they can continually approve upon, so that when a new version comes out the base game can be upgraded to the new version with all the bells and whistles of the new game. My only complaint is that I would really enjoy it if at some point all the games could be combined into one game..just so I can pit Russians against Brits and Americans etc...In order to keep playing this great game with the features we want Battlefront needs to stay in business. To stay in business they need to make money. Every time they take resources from one place to make an improvement some place else cost money...i.e they maybe taking resources (a coder for example oh and time is a resource) from one project to upgrade another product cost money, because that time could of been spent working on another game. I understand this because I have my own business...I just had to voice my opinion to this...

i just think people are spoiled by cmsf - we got new features with each patch.

i just bought the upgrade and i really like the improvements and this way it saved me some money because i do not have to buy cmfi to play cm2.0

i just hope they will add some new features with the mg module for example ammo crates.

All down to taste.The original is perfectly playable and the upgrade isn't a necessity.I bought CMFI and found myself playing that more because of the upgrade and have only just bought v.2 for CMBN and am looking forward to playing through all the scenarios again.

The upgrade isn't a huge advancement,more subtle than anything but for me after playing CMFI,i couldn't play CMBN until the upgrade came out.I'm one happy bunny now.

This thread is just as pointless as the ones complaining about this.

What i love about this forum.If your critical of the game you get pounced on and if you praise the game,you know nothing.

Please note we don't all buy the product at the same time.Some are new to the game and some are new to the upgrade or patches.So though late more so than the hardcore on these forums,some of us are still free to comment.

How does it go..........if you don't like it........don't buy it

beezlzeboss..here is a thread you can talk about the price..

personally $10 upgrade brought me back to playing and I finally can use shadows and with the other new orders I'm a happy customer.

Considering if you'd been around when CMBN first came out we were told it wouldn't get upgraded to the next version at least they did it for us for a small fee. If you don't want the new features then don't buy it..the upgrade isn't a patch to fix bugs we get those things as patches.

If BF weren't around we'd have very little to choose from as far as tactical games go..so I for one am very grateful they are here making games and still going strong.

I think this should be made into the official "I want to complain about the $10 upgrade price thread" and stickied at the top. Any and all complaints about the $10 upgrade should go in this thread. That will make it easy for the rest of us to just ignore it, like I do the various Peng threads.

beezlzeboss..here is a thread you can talk about the price..

personally $10 upgrade brought me back to playing and I finally can use shadows and with the other new orders I'm a happy customer.

Considering if you'd been around when CMBN first came out we were told it wouldn't get upgraded to the next version at least they did it for us for a small fee. If you don't want the new features then don't buy it..the upgrade isn't a patch to fix bugs we get those things as patches.

If BF weren't around we'd have very little to choose from as far as tactical games go..so I for one am very grateful they are here making games and still going strong.

It would be nice to keep it in one place...instead of it popping up in different threads every now and then...

I think this should be made into the official "I want to complain about the $10 upgrade price thread" and stickied at the top. Any and all complaints about the $10 upgrade should go in this thread. That will make it easy for the rest of us to just ignore it, like I do the various Peng threads.

Ditto to that!

Keep it going guys. I'm doing my tax return so I just keep popping back here for a bit of amusement. Nobody has lost their rag for at least an hour.

Come on, quick... I've done all the adding up now I've got to go online for the useless Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs online tax return with a 50% chance of failing online and making you start again. come on.. I dare not look back now until I've done it...

Bollocks to you. But.. I'll be back.

OK, done tax return and the amount of tax to pay has decided where I am on this $10 bollocks.

Frankly, I don't care whether it is worth it or not (I actually think not), but the point is if you can't afford ten bucks you shouldn't be wasting time playing wargames or dicking around on web forums.

Spend the time teaching yourself a programming language, or a foreign language, or how to knit, sew, repair stuff, sell stuff or parts of your body; just get off your butt and earn some money. There rapidly comes a point where earning money is much easier than trying to save it.

Read Wordsworth: "Resolution and Independence"

Keep it going guys. I'm doing my tax return so I just keep popping back here for a bit of amusement. Nobody has lost their rag for at least an hour.

Come on, quick... I've done all the adding up now I've got to go online for the useless Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs online tax return with a 50% chance of failing online and making you start again. come on.. I dare not look back now until I've done it...

Bollocks to you. But.. I'll be back.

I quite like the online tax return, beats the hell out of the old paper version....

I quite like the online tax return, beats the hell out of the old paper version....

But you can only see one screen at a time whereas with paper you can have it all over the place, so to speak.

Any Dutch people look at this thread?

If so, how come you are so clever that your tax code is only some 500 pages and we are so dim that ours in the UK is 15,000?

US tax code - possibly worse still?