CMBN Ver 2.O Movement Command's?

Back to the drawing Board for me. on movement command's

Guess I better study the new readme for Ver 2.

I set up a movement Line for a squad to move. And here comes another group.

moving out of there assign area? Out in the Line of fire from the enemy?

The other day I had a squad behind a hedge Row. And gave a move waypoint to another

squad and the heavy Machine gun squad moved out behind the hedge out the middle of

a clear field in front of enemy line of fire. Guess how long they Lasted.

How your day going?

Regards

Lane

Back to the drawing Board for me. on movement command's

Guess I better study the new readme for Ver 2.

I set up a movement Line for a squad to move. And here comes another group.

moving out of there assign area? Out in the Line of fire from the enemy?

The other day I had a squad behind a hedge Row. And gave a move waypoint to another

squad and the heavy Machine gun squad moved out behind the hedge out the middle of

a clear field in front of enemy line of fire. Guess how long they Lasted.

How your day going?

Regards

Lane

That description is a bit vague. Are you saying a unit another than the one you'd selected moved? If so beware of double clicking a unit as you will select the entire group that unit is part of. If that wasn't the case, ignore the above and I'll just crawl back under this here rock.

beware of double clicking a unit

My old mac OS habits have got the better of me more than once in the game. Too conditioned to double-click on everything, an automatic response. It can get humorous when you accidentally double click on the battalion commander and see EVERYONE get up and march off! :) Double clicking does come in handy when you find an orphan unit and don't know where his CO is. Double click and see a little commander icon light up on the far side of the map.

This is _such_ a common problem, I do wish that BFC would make it more obvious when a group select has occurred due to double click.

I haven't suggested this directly before now because I haven't thought of a bright suggestion about _how_ this should be better indicated to the player!

Thoughts?

(I also haven't suggested it because I know Steve said "no UI improvements till ... sometime later". But even so!..!)

Yep. Nothing like that PBEM feeling on defense when you notice it is not just the scout sneaking out... it is the entire platoon... that until that moment was perfectly concealed with their defenders "HIDE from start" bonus.

Sixty seconds of cursing and praying, and still losing forever the HIDE bonus. Then scurrying back of course.

It makes me feel like I should have a big -2 next to my picture in the leadership modifier area.

:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has succumbed to moving unintended units. I'm in a PBEM that this problem has resulted in terrible consequences.

My PBEM opponent told me the simple cure to this; instead of double clicking just single click, this will reveal the locations of your unit without the possibility of inadvertantly moving multiple units.

Zane, I find that having the 'Show all movement paths' option on (Alt P on the PC) helps to negate this problem, as it becomes pretty obvious when I've accidentally got a group selected.

Still, accidental group orders is one of those things that after you've done once or twice, you soon learn to double check for before pressing the big red button!

What's wrong with the current system of having all the icons of that unit light up? It works for me.

Michael

If units are scattered in the heat of a longlasting battle, and one uses, totally submerged in the game, primarily the "1" and "2" view, then things can go wrong.

Focusing on one squad and stressed out because it seems the pivotal moment in the entire battle, you do not realize that your impatience made you double-click and thereby f#*k up the (untill this moment) brilliant placing of the entire company.

It happened to me..

This is _such_ a common problem, I do wish that BFC would make it more obvious when a group select has occurred due to double click.

I haven't suggested this directly before now because I haven't thought of a bright suggestion about _how_ this should be better indicated to the player!

Thoughts?

(I also haven't suggested it because I know Steve said "no UI improvements till ... sometime later". But even so!..!)

Command Lines, like in CM1. Still miss 'em.

Well, this:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105692

:)