[NEW PREVIEW] Juju's TweakedUI v2.0 interface enhancement mod

Juju

Your graphics treatment looks stunning.

Was wondering if there some reason you don't put ammo calibre or ranges on the weapons icons? (That's the main reason I use the "other guy's" graphics for the guns etc.)

Thanks, Erwin.

I don't put ammo caliber or ranges on the weapons because -after playing CM games for about 12 years- I don't need them anymore. I know by now -in general- pretty much what they do, and when to use 'em (on what) and when not to. Aesthetic reasons are probably the biggest factor for me, though.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, understood.

Even though I have been playing as long as you have, I am amazed that I STILL get confused between the different calibres when it's time to resupply via ACQUIRE - esp since I play CMSF, CMA as well as the WW2 CM2 games. Some of the ammos seem very similar but are not the same - esp with sniper rifles etc.

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoy it.

I've just a doubt about the two archives you have at GAJ since one is 12 MB (General) and the other only 5 MB (Tweaked UI)...

There are two different versions of the same mod. Same files/number of files, but different look.

The reason the 'Desktop General Edition's RAR file is so much larger is due to the fact that it's a lot more colorful than the (mostly grey) 'TweakedUI' version. As far as I know colors do not compress as effectively as black and white graphics do. Hence the difference in size. Unpacked they are pretty much equal in size.

Does that make sense? Someone will be along shortly to explain that better, I'm sure. ;)

eheheh

I'm not sure it actually does make sense: usually if you compress a B&W (not a gray scale one) you get a larger file; the gray scale one may contain only 8 bit data so it should be smaller than a 24 bit one, or a 32 bit one (+ Alpha). But I fully trust you! ;)

Eventually I think that the compression rates are more relevant not with the number of colors but with the degree of contrast: as I see your tweaked version is toned down a bit, so less contrasting than the general one and that may be the cause.

At present I think I like better the reddish version, but I'm glad I have the option to change now and then.

Thanks M8!

with the Desktop version the menu selection is the buttons on a plain black background and it looks a bit odd. Is it supposed to be plain like that or have I not installed something?

That is because that portion of the UI is hard-coded. There's nothing I can do about it. It is also like this with the TweakedUI version, but since that is mostly black and grey it wasn't as noticeable as in the Desktop version.

• 1 month later...
I've got this, but for some reason the weapon slots aren't showing. The weapons are still lime-green.

It might be a conflict with another mod. Check your Z folder. You could also try renaming the mod's folder name by adding a Z at the start of it (i.e. Z_Juju's TweakedUI v2.0) to make sure it's loaded last.

• 4 months later...

Holy thread reincarnation!!!

Juju, I am dabbling with your mod using the Gustav Line, (for my own personal use of course). Most of the weapons work actually, but there's one or two that don't. I want to replace the Lee-Enfield No.1 MkIII in the game with your Lee Enfield weapon slot and graphic. Is it just a matter of renaming the graphic in the folder? I have tried and couldn't get it to work, so maybe I renamed it incorrectly.

Ola Phil,

I don't own CMFI myself so I can only guess, but it really should be as easy as renaming the files from my mod (lee-enfield green/yellow) to whatever the files CMFI uses for those specific weapon slots and graphics you need.