[NEW PREVIEW] Juju's TweakedUI v2.0 interface enhancement mod

Juju

Phil Stanbridge:

I got Juju enfield to work in FI DEMO with the CW module.

As I recall I got Juju's lee-enfield green.bmp and lee-enfield yellow.bmp for CM:BN and renamed both files respectively lee-enfield_n1_mkiii green.bmp and

lee-enfield_n1_mkiii yellow.bmp.

I'm doing this off the top of my head and mentally whipped (Ugh-just finished putting a politically incorrect Nazi flag in ACHTUNG PANZER:OPERATION STAR. Modding that game is a real struggle :rolleyes:).

But as you can see in this screenshot below of the FI demo with the CW module-it does work.

Should warn you some weapons aren't in Juju's pack (FG42?) but many are that you can use in FI. I don't own the full CW module.

CMFortressItalyDemo2013-06-1921-43-59-17_zps84caa3db.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work! The v2.0 download indicates Dec 2012. Has the underlying file been updated to Jun 2013?

thx

Thanks. 2.0 is the latest version, released in Dec 2012. The next update won't be until Market Garden is released.

@Phil: good show!

@Tempestzzzz: I could whip up a FG42 icon real quick, if you want?

Do you even need to ask

You have a point there. ;)

I should already have the FG42 graphic from an old CM:AK mod, so it's simply a matter of sticking it onto the weapon slot background. What's the name of that particular file in FI?

Edit: They're done. Just need to know how to name them.

@Tempestzzzz: What weapon is missing from the top left slot in the pic you posted?

You have a point there. ;)

I should already have the FG42 graphic from an old CM:AK mod, so it's simply a matter of sticking it onto the weapon slot background. What's the name of that particular file in FI?

Edit: They're done. Just need to know how to name them.

@Tempestzzzz: What weapon is missing from the top left slot in the pic you posted?

How can I tell you the name of the file Juju? Load up a QB and add a team using the Fj42?

Erm, I don't have anything missing in mine but then I was playing with the Polish when I tested.

Things that are missing - the Flak weapons obviously, and some of the HE shells appear to be different.

How can I tell you the name of the file

Things that are missing - the Flak weapons obviously, and some of the HE shells appear to be different.

What you (or anyone else) need to do is extract the game's .brz files, find the folder called 'weapon slots' (or something close to that) and check what the FG42's file is called.

Can't help with the Flak stuff, obviously, but any shells can simply be 'fixed' by renaming files from my mod using the method described above.

Juju: That would be great. But if I spot anything else missing I won't mention it. Just concentrate on the BIG picture. Don't worry about the vignettes. Thanks though-much appreciate your extra effort.

Top left slot-are you talking personal fire arms? That would be a full color Thompson Sub machine gun from your mod. It's there. It's not a good screen capture.

You're welcome, Phil.

If you happen to find more missing German, US or British small arms, let me know. If I happen to have any of them lying around from old mods I'd be happy to whip up some more icons.

I'm even willing to go as far as making a few standard Italian ones (but only if they happen to be Beretta 34 pistol/Carcano rifle/Beretta SMG, as those are the only Italian weapons for which I have old CM:BB files).

If you happen to find more missing German, US or British small arms, let me know. If I happen to have any of them lying around from old mods I'd be happy to whip up some more icons.

I'm even willing to go as far as making a few standard Italian ones (but only if they happen to be Beretta 34 pistol/Carcano rifle/Beretta SMG, as those are the only Italian weapons for which I have old CM:BB files).

The only US small arms that I have come across, which is not covered by your excellent mod is the M1 rifle that carries a grenade launcher. It's listed on the UI as M1GL on Springfld

I have successfully converted my Lee Enfield n1 mkiii rifles by renaming them as suggested above but I can't get it to work for the Lee Enfields with scopes. Does anyone know what the correct code is? I have tried lee-enfield-scope_n1_mkiii green.bmp and lee-enfield_n1_mkiii-scope green.bmp and neither has worked.......

I've done it for the LE with scopes - but I notice there are some HE shells missing. The US L/16 75mm shell doesn't exist. Curiously the German 81mm mortar shell doesn't seem to appear for me either.

lee-enfield_n1_mkiii_scope green

lee-enfield_n1_mkiii_scope yellow

Does the trick, although the mouse-over no longer reports them as Lee Enfields, only the n1 mkiii.

The only US small arms that I have come across, which is not covered by your excellent mod is the M1 rifle that carries a grenade launcher. It's listed on the UI as M1GL on Springfld

So, are we talking CM:BN's Springield, but with a GL instead of a scope?

haha Juju, the Force is strong ;)

Gustav is a surprisingly good module you should consider investing.

Yah, Adobe-Wan has taught me well. Aha-ha. :D

Incidentally, any mouse-over text is hard coded and has nothing to do with any mod.

As for GL; I don't even own FI (not into the Italian theater). I hardly ever play CM these days, really. Looking forward to MG, though!

I've done it for the LE with scopes - but I notice there are some HE shells missing. The US L/16 75mm shell doesn't exist. Curiously the German 81mm mortar shell doesn't seem to appear for me either.

lee-enfield_n1_mkiii_scope green

lee-enfield_n1_mkiii_scope yellow

Does the trick, although the mouse-over no longer reports them as Lee Enfields, only the n1 mkiii.

That worked....thanks Phil.

So, are we talking CM:BN's Springield, but with a GL instead of a scope?

I'm not too sure is the answer to that. In CMBN it's listed as simply an M7 on the UI (I don't know if that is a Springfield or not) but in CMFI when you mouse over the weapon on the UI it's listed as M1 GL on Springfld.

I also noticed that for some reason this weapon faces the other way round on the UI!

Well, that's tricky. Show me a screenshot, then, and I can probably take it from there. Another way to check would be the manual. It has small arms descriptions, right? FWIW, BF's FI page lists the 'M1903A3 (with M1 Grenade Launcher)' as one of the US's small arms.

Anyway, if it really is the Springfield, I already have it finished. Just need to know the filename.

BTW, the Springfield (sniper rifle) in CM:BN is listed as 'M1903A4 Springfield' in my game. Not sure what that M7 that you're referring to is.

Well, that's tricky. Show me a screenshot, then, and I can probably take it from there. Another way to check would be the manual. It has small arms descriptions, right? FWIW, BF's FI page lists the 'M1903A3 (with M1 Grenade Launcher)' as one of the US's small arms.

Anyway, if it really is the Springfield, I already have it finished. Just need to know the filename.

BTW, the Springfield (sniper rifle) in CM:BN is listed as 'M1903A4 Springfield' in my game. Not sure what that M7 that you're referring to is.

Here are two screenshots of the weapon in question taken from the CMFI UI

GzC85dI.jpgGibTNhW.jpg

I'm not sure what the filename is but will see if I can find out

And this is the CMBN UI showing the M7 I was referring to.

yJXh43R.jpg

Okay, got it! I'll just wait for the file name.

I'm having a bit of trouble exploding the main CMFI brz file to find out the file name of the weapon. It's not working the same way as CMBN did, for some reason.

Solved it! The file names are: m1903a3-m1 green.bmp and ditto yellow.bmp

Cheers Juju

Solved it! The file names are: m1903a3-m1 green.bmp and ditto yellow.bmp

Cheers Juju

Here comes another one!

Download Springfield with GL here.

Don't tell anyone, but it's really the a4 from BN without its scope, not an a3. I'm just sayin', cos I know you grogs out there. ;)

@3j2m7: That would be a nice idea, but there is only one force selection graphic for each side. One could still mod them of course, but you'd have to switch out versions before each and every game you start.

BTW, I happened to make all but one of those flags you posted above (also still have A French version as well, I think). The ones you used are tiny. I still have larger versions of those (in .psd format), if you want I could send those to you to work with.