Could this be the last Peng Challenge Thread????

Nidan1

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, yesterday, roughly 3:40pm CST, Seanachai emails me with a facebook thingie that sez Berli's auto has died on the way back from International Falls, MN.

Then Berli calls me.

I'm on the road an hour later, driving up I35 to a place called Sandstone, MN.

Looking at a map, that's halfway to Duluth.

There's a federal penitentiary in Sandstone, apparently.

Those idiots are f*cked.

Anyway, 8 inches of snow and s*tty roads in the Twin Cities notwithstanding, once I get on the highway, 70 minutes later I'm pulling into Jan & Gary's Diner in Sandstone.

To quote Mr. Wolf in Pulp Fiction, "I drive real f*ckin' fast...".

Berli's sacrificed his dead beater auto to the gods of " take it away please!"

So 70 or so minutes later we're near Berli's place in Minneapolis. Seanachai's nearby. I suggest we grab a beer together. They direct me to a place called Morissey's. We have some beers (one each for me & Berli, 5 for Seanachai) and realize that, dropping temps notwithstanding, the bar is giving us Guinness glasses with our names etched on for free.

Wings and beers paid for by Seanachai (who still owes me a Sith wooden Indian with 2 lightsabers) we drop everyone off and I head home to shovel my sidewalk since 8"s of snow dropped the night before.

And once inside I discover that Seanachai has ended up with MY etched Guinness glass, and me his.

That is what the Universe thinks of me.

I blame Boo.

Michael's conceptual microcosm of one has to be a very tight fit that encapsulates very little room for wriggling or the encroachment of anything real or useful. It is a sausage casing of non-lubricated industrial rubber; at the same time impenetrable yet prone to contortions into vaguely lurid forms that constantly struggle to shift and maintain the dimensions of something more recognisable and pleasant than a wobbling jello blob or a water-bed blot.

I too have been shoveling my way out of my house.

However too make it all easier on myself I just imagine the snow as the denizens of the Peng Challenge thread being discarded like dog poop over a fence.

Except for me of course...

Ah, you're back! Persistense is considered a positive trait, except in your case its just annoying. I am saddened to know that someone as lame as you lives on the same island as I do.

In the immortal words of Sensei John Kreese "you're a pushy little bastard, but I like that, I like that"

So, yesterday, roughly 3:40pm CST, Seanachai emails me with a facebook thingie that sez Berli's auto has died on the way back from International Falls, MN.

Then Berli calls me.

I'm on the road an hour later, driving up I35 to a place called Sandstone, MN.

Looking at a map, that's halfway to Duluth.

There's a federal penitentiary in Sandstone, apparently.

Those idiots are f*cked.

Anyway, 8 inches of snow and s*tty roads in the Twin Cities notwithstanding, once I get on the highway, 70 minutes later I'm pulling into Jan & Gary's Diner in Sandstone.

To quote Mr. Wolf in Pulp Fiction, "I drive real f*ckin' fast...".

Berli's sacrificed his dead beater auto to the gods of " take it away please!"

So 70 or so minutes later we're near Berli's place in Minneapolis. Seanachai's nearby. I suggest we grab a beer together. They direct me to a place called Morissey's. We have some beers (one each for me & Berli, 5 for Seanachai) and realize that, dropping temps notwithstanding, the bar is giving us Guinness glasses with our names etched on for free.

Wings and beers paid for by Seanachai (who still owes me a Sith wooden Indian with 2 lightsabers) we drop everyone off and I head home to shovel my sidewalk since 8"s of snow dropped the night before.

And once inside I discover that Seanachai has ended up with MY etched Guinness glass, and me his.

That is what the Universe thinks of me.

That was a good story. I would have preferred it with sound effects, dramatic lighting and in a prose form not unlike the Icelandic Sagas.

Instead we got you.

I blame Boo.

Yes, dear. Don't we all?

• 2 weeks later...
Where is that Donkey when you need to explain things to idjits?

Lacking him, why not try talking to the mirror. That shouldn't make you appear much more deranged than usual. I'm sure your family must be accustomed to your "little quirks" by now. Like running around in a loin cloth and eating roadkill (although squatting down in the middle of the road to eat it right on the spot seems a bit much).

Michael

I just wanted to say, you're an idjit and... you're an idjit.

That's two idjits of quite consistent and uncommon idjitness that would be hard to split were it not for the fact that you are both of a calibre of quite stunning and separate entities of empty, vacuous shells of unworthy note that have lost their ways and yet wandered around and found yourselves in the same place.

If either of you come near I will have to tap your skulls.

I just wanted to say, you're an idjit and... you're an idjit.

That's two idjits of quite consistent and uncommon idjitness that would be hard to split were it not for the fact that you are both of a calibre of quite stunning and separate entities of empty, vacuous shells of unworthy note that have lost their ways and yet wandered around and found yourselves in the same place.

If either of you come near I will have to tap your skulls.

What he said.

What he said.

Has it come to this, Boo? Have you become so depleted of wit and originality (of which your supply was from the first acutely limited) that you are reduce to quoting the donkey with approval? Is this a cause you truly intend to embrace and espouse? I fear we must turn our embarrassed gazes away from your shame so nakedly revealed.

Michael