Minor Sherman TC bug

Baneman

Spotted this in a game yesterday on Sherman M4A1 (mid).

While tank gunner is "Aiming", the TC ( who is unbuttoned ) model, momentarily pops up out of the turret, then drops through the floor to stand on the ground. When the tank fires, he reverts to his correct position. It happened on subsequent shots as well although much much quicker.

It probably has no effect on the game, thought I should mention it though.

Note : Tank was firing Smoke shells, other tanks firing AP did not show this effect, so that may be relevant.

Savegame available.

TC starting to rise out of turret

cmfibug1.jpg

TC has fallen through tank and you can see his legs sticking out of floor.

cmfibug2.jpg

Closeup

cmfibug3.jpg

I see your screenshots, but I could not duplicate this. Any savegame?

Ken

Yes, I have a savegame, where to send it ?

Cheers

It may depend on the map position as well, I remember with the funny rotating crewman in the Puma that it only happened in certain places on the map. Weird in itself.

Btw, although nobody commented, I thought this was a good one.

Welcome back to the States...or are you still in PRC?

yep, back on the ground right in time for another hilarious fun filled week of US election campaigns, otherwise known as "what bonehead will we stick in the office with their finger on the button for the next 4 years who we can then blame for everything we do wrong."

Of course, sticking your head through the frame brings to mind some interesting injury mechanics should you run into a wire.

And is it supposed to be comfortable? I'm not overweight, but I really can't see that I'd enjoy being slung by a belt or two over a mobile spit. And where would I put my feet should I get the chance to roll downhill?

I wonder what they started out designing before they settled upon that?

;)

Ken

P.S. Oh, and I just changed to Wilma from Betty, based on that picture. :) (And, more obviously, it must always be Mary Ann not Ginger.)