Spotting rounds forever

skelley

Is anybody else experiencing this? With a regular spotter and regular 81mm mortar (off map) I get the spotter saying fire for effect with 5 seconds left in the turn. Next turn, instead of firing for effect the mortars go back to spotting rounds. This gets repeated over and over again. With a veteran spotter this is usually avoided.

Is anybody else experiencing this? With a regular spotter and regular 81mm mortar (off map) I get the spotter saying fire for effect with 5 seconds left in the turn. Next turn, instead of firing for effect the mortars go back to spotting rounds. This gets repeated over and over again. With a veteran spotter this is usually avoided.

Yes, I've seen this many times. :(

I've had the observer call "FFE" multiple times for the same strike, but never more than 2 "extra" requests. With American troops, my recollection is that the battery confirms with "Roger, Fire for Effect" and I think I wait til I hear that before doing anything dependent on the arty dropping.

The FO frustrations that I have encountered in many missions has made me change tactics,in that a lot of missions, I have had better results using my on map mortars in direct fire mode. The danger in this is that you have to bring your mortars closer to the enemy and this requires great caution,but the mortar fire if successful in DF mode is devastating. I used the 3 on map Italian Mortars in direct fire mode at the battle for lemon hill and it was the main reason for my major victory... Use target arc's when needed with the Mortar crews....

I think it is resetting after the turn. If I get the FFE with 30 seconds or more left in the turn, (enough for the Roger call) I get the arty falling, but if it passes to the next turn without the roger it starts over again.

You may be right. I never do get the FFE after this, and usually end up canceling and restarting the request. Of course, any plan I had is shot to hell.

K I will send you it the next time it happens. Usually I just cancel it and call it in again and don't think to save it.

I've been trying really hard to duplicate this without success. Anytime anyone runs into an issue, reporting it without making a save is pretty much like talking to your self. :P

Please for my sanity make a save, I am tired of watching arty missions. LOL