How do I turn the music off?

I'd like to turn off the sound, especially sound of falling rain, during the Command Phase.

How about a 4 way toggle thingy kinda like trees?

1 Full sound.

2. No sound during command phase.

3. No sound at all.

4. Battle sounds only no ambient sounds.

Not sure why this is such a big issue for folks, lowering volume or muting sound completely is such an easy thing to do outside the game with OS functions ....

Yeah, we keep meaning to get around to this. At least I'm pretty sure we can soon add a quick and dirty toggle in the prefs file at the very least.

Steve,

what do you mean? To switch background noise off only during command phase or in general?

If it is not too much of a hassle, a volume slider for the background noise would be fantastic. Sometimes i'd really like to listen to the action on my studio monitors, but i can't stand the very loud "background" sound. It reduces the impact unnecessarily when a cannon is fired at real high volume. :D

A way to turn of the music and ambient sounds would be great. I thought ambient sounds could be toggled in CMx1 and back then if you didn't like the music you could just pull or replace the music file (is there an easy way to do the latter in CMx2?).

Ultimately we will have an ingame control which allows people to toggle on/off various types of sounds. Ideally you would be able to set the volume balance, but I don't think we'll get to that any time soon.

I'm going to try and push for a quick and dirty toggle in the Prefs file for now because the ultimate solution is definitely going to take some time.

Steve

Ultimately we will have an ingame control which allows people to toggle on/off various types of sounds. Ideally you would be able to set the volume balance, but I don't think we'll get to that any time soon.

I'm going to try and push for a quick and dirty toggle in the Prefs file for now because the ultimate solution is definitely going to take some time.

Steve

Nice to hear, thanks guys.