Announcements Threads

I thought it mainly rained in Spain. Oh wait just because most of the rain falls on the plains does not mean it is always raining:) That would be a logical fallacy - my bad.

Seriously though, I think the announcements time out after they have been there awhile. I have not conducted an experiment but that is my impression.

I see the threads are disappearing again, are we due something?Fingers crossed the 4-6weeks release estimate was a bluff :)

Announcements have automated expiry dates. Plus, they disappear from the "What's New" list after appearing there once (but they remain visible on top of the forum(s) where they were posted.

The 4-6 weeks is standard and tested, and while we may beat it occasionally by a week or a few days (we've done it before), it's unlikely that we'll beat it by several weeks :)

Martin

Announcements have automated expiry dates. Plus, they disappear from the "What's New" list after appearing there once (but they remain visible on top of the forum(s) where they were posted.

The 4-6 weeks is standard and tested, and while we may beat it occasionally by a week or a few days (we've done it before), it's unlikely that we'll beat it by several weeks :)

Martin

Well that's that theory blown out of the water :(

No, seriously, we seem to get more sun than England.

Its not a North South thing.

It's an East/West thing.

West coast is warmer and wetter - East coast is colder and drier.

(Except if there's a NorEasterley blowing in the winter months, then the East coast is colder and under loads of snow)

Yes you do, for 3.75 days in late-April. I remember this very clearly from my days at RGU. Happened every year at exam time.

A very brief window of opportunity to head down to the Hogshead/Old Schol House and watch the scantily clad ladies as they make their way down Belmont Street.

Good memories of pouring out of Drummonds (I think that's what it was called,) on the corner of Belmont and Union street on many sunny May afternoons. Almost made up for those long, long months when you couldn't tell where the granite buildings ended and the grey, grey skies began.

Here in Glasgow we've had two or three beautiful winter days. Cold, crisp, sunny with blue skies. Perfect. It's supposed to pour with rain tomorrow so, Battlefront, tonight would be an ace time to release this puppy!

Come to Edinburgh then, friendly, snug and comfy :)

We barely get snow when the rest of the country is shut down for it.

Which is a pity, 'cos actually, I love snow.

I love Edinburgh... pop down with the wife a couple of times a year and stay at the Radisson on the Royal Mile. Has a great model shop to Model World... Edinburgh not the hotel that is. :)

Yes you do, for 3.75 days in late-April. I remember this very clearly from my days at RGU. Happened every year at exam time.

A very brief window of opportunity to head down to the Hogshead/Old Schol House and watch the scantily clad ladies as they make their way down Belmont Street.

HAHA true. I prefer Ma Camerons myself and as for scantily clad females... I dont think they need the sun... over winter the brave northern women venture out in Arctic conditions with nought to protect them but their own body hair. :)

Good memories of pouring out of Drummonds (I think that's what it was called,) on the corner of Belmont and Union street on many sunny May afternoons. Almost made up for those long, long months when you couldn't tell where the granite buildings ended and the grey, grey skies began.

Here in Glasgow we've had two or three beautiful winter days. Cold, crisp, sunny with blue skies. Perfect. It's supposed to pour with rain tomorrow so, Battlefront, tonight would be an ace time to release this puppy!

Been to see a few local bands in Drummonds... love that they still serve cans of Red Stripe. Was anice day today funnily enough but even a nice day would get forfeited for a CW release. :)