New file at the Repository: Aris_Jagdpanzer Mid Mod (2011-12-21)

This is my 45th Vehicle mod. I have used photoreal samples of mud, sand, stains, leaks, rust, bullet holes, paint chipping, and dozens of HD Photoshop brushes, blablabla...I always try to make mods that once loaded into the game don´t look cartoonish, that is, mods that actually BLEND with the environment and stock terrain graphics so that they look like they belong there. Weathering amount is always debatable, some may say too much is not realistic, some may say they like it very dirty. Everybody likes decals ;). I have included 4 eventually. I have read opinions from players that say they would like foliage, nets and some other extra stuff on mods, but CMBN uses high quality 3d models, and that stuff most of the times looks like stickers attached or completely unrealistic. I like suggestions a lot anyway.And now allow me to speak about myself for a bit if you want to read it anyway:I feel myself like I am losing motivation slowly. It´s been a huge task to mod ALL vehicles and it´s my ultimate goal, but I feel like I need others to take charge of vehicle modding. I do this for fun, but lately I have been wondering if I really do.It has turn into a mechanical task instead of being a creative one. I am slowly getting out of new ideas, so I hope you will understand if my modding activity decreases. I want to enjoy my mods myself, that´s all. I thing camoing is my next step, as it´s a real challenge now for me. Ain´t no telling whatsoever.H...

More...

You deserve a break after all the hard work creating all these fabulous mods.

Take the time to smell the roses...better yet play CMBN and enjoy the marvelous mods which all of us greatly appreciate.

Rest and enjoy the Christmas Holydays and come back with your artistic talents refreshed.

Thank you again for sharing your talent with us.

Merry Christmas !!!

Aris

If you do decide to stop it will be a great shame, you obviously have great artistic skills and many CMBN players will miss your fantastic work.

But that said, you have every right to slow down or cease altogether if your motivation is waning and with it your enjoyment.

Without exaggeration you have become a bit of a celebrity with a dedicated following of fans, and like fans everywhere we can be selfish at times, always demanding more.

Anyway Aris whatever you do will be fine by me and I will like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work which has greatly enhanced my playing of CMBN.

I cant blame you. After all it is your 45th mod. That being said, you make the best vehicle mods for CMBN, hands down. I use everything you make.

But CMBN is a game, and games are made for enjoyment. If its not longer enjoyable, find something else my friend. You've already contributed more than most.

I really hope that you'll be re-inspired enough to do the Churchills when the Commonwealth module finally arrives. They are my favourite tank and I would like to have them modded up to your exceptionally high standard. But if it's just too much like work for you to do this, you still have my gratitude as you've already done so much to make this game look great.

Oh man, it's like watching an elite long distance runner stumble just a few steps from the finish line! Alas, how the SdKfz 251/3 shall languish in its un-Fusered condition!;)

In all seriousness, thank you once again for an incredible effort, the likes of which I doubt we will ever see duplicated. I received as much enjoyment from observing your monumental production rate as I did from the textures themselves. What a fabulous ride!

Something else, one of the wonderful by-products of your work has been my increased awareness of the stunning amount of detail BFC has applied to CMBN's models. There were several moments where I noticed previously undiscovered three dimensional nuances because I was checking out your textures!

Very best wishes and be sure to treat yourself as well as you have treated all of us!

I am only surprised that you did not burn out earlier considering the incredible pace and quality standards that you set for yourself, Aris.

Probably better if you slow down and do this stuff only when you want to... so it stays fresh and fun for you.

It would be tragic if you burn out and just stop doing your stunning mods. The fact is that I doubt if anyone else can fill your shoes. (If the could, they would already be doing em.)

Well, I don't blame you...and I agree with Erwin it's surprising you made it this far. I've burned out doing marathon mods where I'll put in about a week straight, 100 hours, until it's done...You've been going for like three months or something! It is a helluva a goal you put before yourself, but hey, you are almost there so, take a nice long break and come back to it with a fresh mind and see how you feel then. I'd hate to see you stop so close to the finish, and I am not saying this out of wanting more mods, I am saying this as one modder to another who understands what you are about to achieve...with this weathering goal you have put yourself in the history books of CM modding...you've joined the ranks of Bergman & Molek's US Snow mods, Magua's Normandy Mod, Gunslinger's redo of CMBO and CMBB, and Tom's Bulge mod...to name a few...this is gonna be talked about and remembered fondly when we are all playing CMX3 ten years from now!

So, enjoy yourself. Play the game take some time. Eat, drink, kick back and relax, Christmas and New Year is coming up! You've earned a long break. But don't quit, man...not a few mods short of the original goal. You've done outstanding work. We'll all be here to cheer you over that finish line!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Brother!

Mord.

P.S. Oh, and thanks! The Jagds all look so beautifully dirty now!

Thank you for your mods. You've improved this game a lot.

Whenever I started a new battle and vehicle showed, I always searched for your mod of it. (Thinking of it, maybe you could release them all in one pack if you haven't thought of it already?)

Yeah i wouldn't mind seeing one big pack of all the mods. I have only just realised what can be done with the decals but haven't re dowloaded the files again cos it takes a long time to go through the process.

I feel myself like I am losing motivation slowly. It´s been a huge task to mod ALL vehicles and it´s my ultimate goal, but I feel like I need others to take charge of vehicle modding. I do this for fun, but lately I have been wondering if I really do.It has turn into a mechanical task instead of being a creative one.

More...

Feel free to unpack, repack and create MOD packs to your liking. I planned to this myself, but not until I finished with them all. I will take a small break and finish the 251/3 and Sherman M4A3 105s at least. I wanted to add more decals to my previous mods for other theaters (Italy, final days at Berlin,...) but not sure when I will have them finished.

BTW, THANKS A LOT to all of you and by the way, enjoy the dirtied, weathered CMBN.

I left a message for you the other day on the download area at Battlefront. I did this mainly because I was sure, that after completing so many model textures, you might be feeling demotivated. As I wrote there, the community will really miss your work if you choose to terminate because we are all so utterly grateful for your dedicated and high quality work.

However, with respects to your words as quoted above. if you do feel like you could do with a 'second' who could work under your direction then I am available. I'm very fluent with PSP 9, I'm fairly skilled producing various gaming art (having previously worked on Total War mods) but moreover I'm inclined to perfectionism and very self-critical. Should you need me I am completely at your disposal!! :)...

I've already assembled all the Aris' mods into a single package :cool:. I've also extended Aris' numbering for entire platoons (only the Panzers though at the present stage (numbers for an entire company of Pz IV's are complete)).

Those decals are all nicely weathered, scratched, dirtied in keeping with Aris' oustanding work.

However, the issue that arose here is that once I realised that the alternative texture selections are only selected randomly I stalled on the idea of doing the halftracks and the US vehicles: it only seems worth the effort if the game code is selecting textures with a predictable logic. Still if the devs address this in the Commonwealth patch (which seems a good bet since many have pointed this issue out and it's a straightfwd coding task) then I will be reinvigorated to do more.