Commonwealth module

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't said yet...but I am gonna guess they may be left for the Market Garden Module... Far as I can tell all Market Garden has for confirmed troops is Falshirms so far...so, they are gonna need something from the allied side. Probably Brits and Pols...Steve said something about giving more info soon.

Mord.

They haven't said yet...but I am gonna guess they may be left for the Market Garden Module... Far as I can tell all Market Garden has for confirmed troops is Falshirms so far...so, they are gonna need something from the allied side. Probably Brits and Pols...Steve said something about giving more info soon.

Mord.

As far as i am aware Brit paras played a large part in Normandy, so i was therefore hoping that they would be included in this module.

As far as i am aware Brit paras played a large part in Normandy, so i was therefore hoping that they would be included in this module.

...which is where it gets confusing. I believe the way the module system works is that each module has to work independently of the others. The Brits are definitely in the next (commonwealth module). If the market garden wants to make use of the Brits, then they have to included independently in that module too since they can't assume you have the commonwealth module. Whether that means different Brit formations in each module or some duplication is anyone's guess. And either way there would have to be some duplicate equipment between the two modules (well, I assume there would be).

Yeah, of course...but it could be a time restraint thing...or I could be completely wrong. It's just a guess...I am hoping they are in, too. We'll know once Steve gives us the run down on the units.

@TheVulture...Good point. I didn't think of that but they are holding the German paras for then...so. Gonna be interesting either way.

Mord.

Yeah, of course...but it could be a time restraint thing...or I could be completely wrong. It's just a guess...I am hoping they are in, too. We'll know once Steve gives us the run down on the units.

@TheVulture...Good point. I didn't think of that but they are holding the German paras for then...so. Gonna be interesting either way.

Mord.

I will be disappointed if they are not in. I was looking forward to seeing some of the modding guys recreating some of the Normandy actions the para took part in.

The Poles were kind of significant too during August. Their heroic defense of Mt. Pincon was an important part of the battle of the Falaise pocket.

Michael

I don't know who the Poles defending Le Mont Pincon during Falaise pocket were (it was deep behind Allied lines then), but I would like to think that their brothers in the 1st Polish Armoured Division defending the Mont Ormel ridge (aka. the Mace) at the same time were at least as heroic!

I don't know who the Poles defending Le Mont Pincon during Falaise pocket were (it was deep behind Allied lines then),.....

Don't worry Sergei, none of us know what Michael is talking about either. He is probably referring to the story of his uncle - Cpl. Tadeusz Slomorowski, who was told to change a light-bulb over at the supply depot located on a farm called Le Pincon. Cpl. Slomorowski took his whole squad over there and one guy held the light-bulb while the other eight guys turned him in circles. Slomorowski's LT. was wondering what the hell took him so long to change a damn light bulb when he returned three days later, and so the Cpl. related a story of how he and his vailant squad had to fight off hords of German SS attacking Le Pincon. Hence Michael's confusion (sometimes happens when one gets on in years).

I just love the Churchill tank. Can't put my finger on why, its just my idea of what a tank should be.

There's no way it could be given a name that alludes to anything graceful, it's just a brute of a vehicle.

I think they had it right in naming it 'CHURCHILL' after all, he was a bit of a dinosaur in political terms and quickly became exctinct when the lads came back from the war and decided to get rid of him and his ilk.

I don't know who the Poles defending Le Mont Pincon during Falaise pocket were (it was deep behind Allied lines then), but I would like to think that their brothers in the 1st Polish Armoured Division defending the Mont Ormel ridge (aka. the Mace) at the same time were at least as heroic!

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Have your day of glory. It will be brief.

Michael