Commonwealth module

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CMSF is any indicator, each nationality will get a medium-to-large campaign and 5-10 scenarios. However, I noticed the announcement seems to only say "includes a campaign for exciting play right out of the box" which would be a bit of a shortcoming IMO, considering how NATO included a campaign for each new army. But with all the new gear and troop formations for each side, I imagine the accumulation of user made content will be massive over the long term.

I'm just speculating here of course.

Well, NATO was five months from announcement to release but they'd been working on it longer than that (but there were two other titles being worked on as well) so it's hard to say. BFC may have reached that 6 month target they'd been hoping for, what with four years or so of practice under their belts. I think the Repos area is hit or miss...sometimes it comes early. I hope we get the module in winter though...I like gaming much better when it's cold and nasty out.

Mord.

if the screenshots are any indication I predict a lot of argument over what the correct colour should be for khaki uniforms - my guess would have been closer to the helmet colour

looking forward to this a lot though!

I believe those were Alpha shots, so its not going to look the same in game, BF team has done a very good job so far in representing so far... although I am certain there will be mods out for the Limy's... just as there were for the US etc.

For those doing any Waffen SS mods, remember it was the 1st LAH Div in 1943 and others that assisted with the armistance in Italy. So if you do any italian Camo mods.. it would have been rare... Not sure that can be done but hey...just saying. I beleive the only real documented photos of Italian Camo would have been with the 1st and 12th Waffen SS Div.

Very excited about this module. I've noticed that although SS and even Luftwaffe Field Divisions are being touted, there is no mention of Fallschirmjager. I hope they (and their FG42s and RCLs) havn't been forgotten.

In another thread it was confirmed by Steve that they will not be in until the next module (Market Garden). Kind of a letdown, but in the long term it will be fine since people can still go back and make whatever scenarios they want.

In another thread it was confirmed by Steve that they will not be in until the next module (Market Garden). Kind of a letdown, but in the long term it will be fine since people can still go back and make whatever scenarios they want.

Sorry you feel let down but there's still a lot coming with this module in terms of sexy new units. :)