Cmsf 2

I know it's a long way until CMSF 2 is even on the drawing board, but now having finally purchased CMBN and seen water, rain, European terrain/buildings I just wanted to express my excitement and hope that CMSF 2 will eventually come to fruition. Don't forget about those of us who prefer the modern/recent era. Oh and good job with CMBN!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a long way until CMSF 2 is even on the drawing board, but now having finally purchased CMBN and seen water, rain, European terrain/buildings I just wanted to express my excitement and hope that CMSF 2 will eventually come to fruition. Don't forget about those of us who prefer the modern/recent era. Oh and good job with CMBN!

+1! And upon returning to the modern era with all it's high-tech lethality, I hope we get larger maps, detailed visible damage to vehicles (a Maverick, afterall, doesn't leave a tank very recognizable after a direct hit!), more control over CAS requests such as choosing the attack vector, on-map aerial insertions and extractions, a return of Uncon forces with IEDs and hopefully more improvised weapons like molotov cocktails (fire should make an arrival to CMx2 at some point in the WWII games)... I could go on and on, but we still have plenty of time. :)

Fulda Gap, 1985!

I like the way you think!

Then followed up with BAOR module.

I also hope larger maps are included and easier to do at that point. Would also really love to see helos actually flying around the battlefield.

Fulda Gap, 1985!

Sorry, everything they've said so far indicates 2013. US vs ? but my money's on Russia for the base game.

+1! And upon returning to the modern era with all it's high-tech lethality, I hope we get larger maps, detailed visible damage to vehicles (a Maverick, afterall, doesn't leave a tank very recognizable after a direct hit!), more control over CAS requests such as choosing the attack vector, on-map aerial insertions and extractions, a return of Uncon forces with IEDs and hopefully more improvised weapons like molotov cocktails (fire should make an arrival to CMx2 at some point in the WWII games)... I could go on and on, but we still have plenty of time. :)

I think you'll have to stick with CMSF if you want uncons but your other wishes are certainly possible, though I doubt they'll ever do on map aerial insertions. They are sort of like the horses of modern combat. It goes against their philosophy to add them in. Too much work for too little actual combat usage at this scale.

Not really. :(

AFAIK its was looking at some sort of current day "melt down" in the Ukraine, with "Expanded NATO" coming to help.

So potentially Russian kit on both sides plus US, Germany, UK, Canada, etc.

I don't think "CM:SF Reforger Retrospective" or "CM:SF AIW" are on the radar (either short or long range).

I was hoping for China too but I guess since much Russian kit is already done it would allow for more development time to go towards advancing CMx2's capabilities, which is OK with me. I suppose China could hypothetically be included in a module or separate game as well, like how the Eastern Front in WWII will be a seperate game with modules from the Normandy game with its modules.

I personally like to play with "what if" scenarios with fully modern and near future kit so I'm totally for a modern/near future setting as opposed to 70's or 80's, but that's me! :D

EDIT: Actually, if/when CMx2 can do jungle environments, Vietnam and WWII Pacific would be pretty awesome!

I like USA, Brits, NATO. I think this is the safest bet. The differences will be in the engines advancment especially where terrain is concerned. Imagine a world more like Battlefield 3! Personally I would not dig 6 day isreal war and such. I like my WW2, and what I mentioned. Call me a chocolate and vanilla guy, but those are my favorite flavors.

This is what I love about you guys.

Someone posts a Q, I provide the answer and then a bunch of others follow up with what their best guess / preference is. :)

Like I said, by all means hope for anything you want. As long as it the current day / near future and set in the Ukraine, you wont be disappointed.

Like I said, by all means hope for anything you want. As long as it the current day / near future and set in the Ukraine, you wont be disappointed.

Where'd you read that? I've never seen Steve mention that or give any specifics outside of temperate with modern Ruskie equipment for the Red side...NOT that I am complaining 'cause I really, really want it to be Modern US/Nato Vs Russia.

Mord.

I guess a current day confilct similar to what Gibson is describing would be fun, but how would that really any different, equipment wise, than what we had? Also if you are going to do something in that kind of open terrain you've got to give us bigger maps!

Personally I think a mid 80's game offers up a ton of playability, and also a level playing field. The M1 (not M1A1), and M60's with a 105mm cannon, against T-80B's will make you sweat. Not too mention mostly M113's....

Just think about it BF :)

I guess a current day confilct similar to what Gibson is describing would be fun, but how would that really any different, equipment wise, than what we had? Also if you are going to do something in that kind of open terrain you've got to give us bigger maps!

Personally I think a mid 80's game offers up a ton of playability, and also a level playing field. The M1 (not M1A1), and M60's with a 105mm cannon, against T-80B's will make you sweat. Not too mention mostly M113's....

Just think about it BF :)

IMO the survivability of the M1A1/A2's in CMSF was a bit overmodeled, and the detection abilites of RED armor undermodeled, especially at the ranges we were dealing with. If I'm right, we should see more even fights, if not, well maybe Russia has better stuff now. :)

Also, the experience levels and doctrine of the RED side should be more even in CMSF2, where both sides will be ~veteran and allowed squad splitting options, as opposed to the veteran vs green type of matchup that was typical in CMSF.