Marines!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something else that should be mentioned is that squads do not spread out any more when the waypoint is next to a building. This enhances movement control in urban settings considerably, because you can keep the soldiers off the streets.

Best regards,

Thomm

There is no point in pre-ordering a "download only". You won't be able to download until it's released anyway, so you may just as well hold on to your money until release day :)

All our products come in three delivery options. Pre-orders always use "Download & Mail". The principle is always the same. Here's a breakdown, using Marines Bundle as example:

Download Only - $45, no shipping

Mail Only - $45, plus S&H

Download & Mail - $55, plus S&H (so, +$10)

Pre-order (Download & Mail) - $45, plus S&H (so, -$10)

To answer your question, Download Only of the Marines Module will be $25 (no shipping).

I'm pre-ordering, without a doubt, soon as I've posted this. The improvements are really impressive - but I have to confess to a slight sense of disappointment that directionable smoke for infantry still doesn't seem to be in.

I would have thought that was a relatively simple addition to code (treating smoke grenades like other small arms, basically). And it would make a significant difference to play, particularly in WEGO, where its omission has made me swear like a trooper more than once.

Any plans for future inclusion?

Whatever, I'm really looking forward to Marines.

PS. I should perhaps point out why it might still be a good idea to choose Pre-order and/or Download&Mail: Downloads are limited to 1 year and/or 10 downloads. Pre-order customers and DL&Mail customers get a "backup" copy of the game on CD, so they'll never have problems with "losing" their game (happens all the time, we get probably 1-2 of these each day through our support channels). Also, obviously the Mail option will get you a printed manual (if there is one) and a nice box :)

But if you want to save on the shipping, simply wait until the game is released and order Download Only. Choices choices...

Man, VERY cool! Thanks for the previews! Looks like me and TC are gonna have some new areas to play with for the Radio Mod. Can't wait!

Spore and CMSF Marines, both in September. Christmas is gonna be early this year!

Mord.

Will you be able to buy it in store?

Not anytime soon. There are no plans to release this to retail until probably mid to late 2009. (Well, except in Russia. A Russian localizated version is going to be available at the end of this year.)

I hope you guys will release a hard copy of the manual sometime down the road...actually an updated combo manual for the combined games would be great...something along the lines of The CMBB strategy book. I don't mind paying extra for stuff like that. I like having something I can carry with me. My CMBO manual and the CMSF one have gone many places with me.

Mord.

You have no idea how happy I am to read about the AI's ability to use artillery and air support throughout the game. AND artillery delivered smoke to boot... pinch me, I must be dreaming. :cool: That's the ONE improvement I've been hoping for.

When this was first introduced, I was not sure (from the wording of the description) whether the OpFor FOs really target all by themselves, so I loaded up my Blue air/arty support test map and chose the Red side to see what happens.

Then I waited. One minute, two minutes ... *MAYHEM* After 15 minutes of total destruction not a single Red soldier or vehicle on the map was alive.

Was pretty convincing.

Best regards,

Thomm